Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ

Webbing line lock

I was sharing the way I suspend my hammock with another member and figured I would make it public. I searched as best I could and did not see it posted before. It is not as quickly adjustable as double rings or buckles but it is easy and very secure. I use this lock to connect slacklines to the tree anchors and the tensioner and those get tightened to well over 1k lbs and that is before you start bouncing on them. If anything it is another way to do the same thing. Let me know if you have any questions.

You can start with a ring larks headed to a continuous loop at the gather.

You take a bite in the webbing and pass it through the ring

You pass the bite around the ring and back through the ring

You stick the toggle or biner through the middle of the bite you just passed through the ring again

Pull it tight.

Here it is with a biner. You can use either of the loadable sides and you can load the biner without it slipping. You can see that in the last picture. You can use the side opposite the gate if you don't intend to load it.

Here is a good tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQLJsSm_ec

Here it is holding my hammock.

Here is how I am using it now. This is with the biner loaded. Never slipped for me. I just leave the straps ring and biner on the wall in the basement to keep the lengths and angles the same and just clip in my hammock when I want to use it.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Webbing
    That's clean. I too use this for my slackline setup. It wouldn't work as well for my hammock though, as I'd have to undo the entire thing to adjust the length (remove toggle, unloop webbing, guess the location of a new bight point in the webbing, re-thread webbing and toggle). I would love this setup if it was on a stationary hammock (like your basement).

I use the same setup as your last picture, except the webbing is clove hitched onto the biner. This makes for quick adjustments. I'm still pretty new to the hammock scene, so I find myself having to adjust my suspension 4 or 5 times each time I set it up, looking for that perfect hang...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsutherl View Post
    That's clean. I too use this for my slackline setup. It wouldn't work as well for my hammock though, as I'd have to undo the entire thing to adjust the length (remove toggle, unloop webbing, guess the location of a new bight point in the webbing, re-thread webbing and toggle). I would love this setup if it was on a stationary hammock (like your basement).

I use the same setup as your last picture, except the webbing is clove hitched onto the biner. This makes for quick adjustments. I'm still pretty new to the hammock scene, so I find myself having to adjust my suspension 4 or 5 times each time I set it up, looking for that perfect hang...
    Have you ever considered a dutch buckle,very easy to use and it takes no time at all to set up and is very adjustable with your whoopies

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by nsutherl View Post
    Yeah i think that in the field the clove hitch would work better for the adjustability. Plus it would reduce the amount of stuff to keep track of. Thanks for the idea.

Hammock
    SBPro GTUL
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Leighlo 30*
    Suspension
    Linelocker/Rings
    I make use of the SMC Rings and Continuous Loop on the hammock and the MSH. Ring on the knot. Adjusting if needed is very easy.

Opus

How much load is on the toggle? This looks an interesting set-up though it could be argued it loses some of the simplicity of the double ring or cinch buckle systems.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus87 View Post
    I make use of the SMC Rings and Continuous Loop on the hammock and the MSH. Ring on the knot. Adjusting if needed is very easy.

Opus
    I like the sound of that. I think I will have to give that a shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothwell Voyageur View Post
    How much load is on the toggle? This looks an interesting set-up though it could be argued it loses some of the simplicity of the double ring or cinch buckle systems.
    I am not sure how much load is on the toggle. In the pictures I just have a solid piece of aluminum that I got from Lowes. It has not had any deformation.
    Last edited by f k; 09-07-2013 at 22:19.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Saedy View Post
    Have you ever considered a dutch buckle,very easy to use and it takes no time at all to set up and is very adjustable with your whoopies
    That looks pretty cool. I actually don't use whoopies (not into the whole amsteel/splicing thing). I clip the biner directly to the ends of my hammock, and then run the webbing all the way from the tree down to these biners, where I clove hitch. Would you be able to connect the Dutch Buckles to the end of my hammock (the gathered ends are cinched together with ~5mm cord)?

• + New Posts