Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adding Integrated Bugnet to Ghost Hammock

Hi, my name is Tyler and I am a gram weenie...but really just an ounce weenie on a budget.

Okay, now that we have that out of the way, I need some advice. I made a Ghost Hammock (thanks Sarge!) and love it. If I remember, the total weight with body, UCRs, SRL, straps, toggles, and stuff sack is 8 or 9 oz. I would love to add an integrated bugnet or a HUG net.

Can anyone say if a HUG net would work well without an underquilt? As of now, I am using pads.

If not, I think I'll need to make an integrated bugnet. If you have any thoughts, let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by FightingTheTide; 09-04-2013 at 18:40. Reason: Clarification
    For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor. 4:5-6

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Yes, it will work with an underquilt : http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/the-hug-bug-net.html
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

I was wondering if it worked well without an underquilt.
    For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor. 4:5-6

Well, I may have just answered my own question - I just did some more searching and found Dream Hammock's Bug Sock. I might try to make my own from some existing material to see how it works with my system. Seems like it would work well without an underquilt and the weight doesn't seem much more than a HUG.

I'm still up for suggestions if anyone has a good one for a Ghost Hammock.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    I use a Hug without an underquilt and it works just fine. You might be interested in Caveman's integrated Hug:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=78819

Half the net is half the weight.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    How about a DIY project. Use the plans from fronkey and make your own. On your own admission you are a gram weenie so keep the weight at home if you don't need it. I have made several of these both from Nanoseeum and Noseeum. The nano seeum comes in at around 5 oz. and the nowseeum comes in around 7oz. Best part about it... you keep it at home if you don't need.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=39983
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Yes, DIY is the plan. Thanks! I'll take a look at those links.

I've already made a Fronkey style net for my 11' hammock, and it was too big for my needs. Now that I'm working with a shorter Ghost Hammock, I'll need to either modify it, or I might take a look at making an integrated HUG.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    I have a Dream Hammock bug sock sized for a GT Nano 7...9ft hammock... just weighed it at 2.15oz.

Adding Integrated Bugnet to Ghost Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    I have a Dream Hammock bug sock sized for a GT Nano 7...9ft hammock... just weighed it at 2.15oz.
    Mind if you share what materials you used and where you bought them from? That sounds perfect.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    I got it as part of a package I bought off a forum member. It can be bought from www.dreamhammock.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast