Webbing Knot Help

I just received a Travel Hammock Ultralight.

I don't want to use the rope webbing - I have 2 15 foot of webbing I bought for a previous hammock. Their are no lopps or anything of that nature on the webbing.

My question is, how do i use this webbing to hang the hammock?

I assume I tie a half hitch around the tree . . . then what? A Slip knot?

Btw, I will replace the S hook with a Biner.

so

Half-hitch to the tree

slip knot to the biner?

Tie a loop in the end of your strap, hook the biner into that loop. Go around the tree and back thru the biner. Now you ae hooked to the tree and you can take your other end to the hammock. Ring or cinch buckles on the hammock end would complete your suspension system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    Tie a loop in the end of your strap, hook the biner into that loop. Go around the tree and back thru the biner. Now you ae hooked to the tree and you can take your other end to the hammock. Ring or cinch buckles on the hammock end would complete your suspension system.
    I have cinch buckles. CAn you explain further - i'm a visual person!

ok - i got the biner and loop part - i'm lost a tthe connection of the webbing to the hammock with the cinch buckle - is it possible that i don't know how to use a cinch buckle?

Quote Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
    I have cinch buckles. CAn you explain further - i'm a visual person!
    Take a look at Jeff's page on that. He does an excellent job of taking you through the process with pictures even......he shows a sewn in loop, but you can simply tie a loop in the webbing if you don't have a sewing machine.

http://tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearRi...eSupports.html

i think i got it - do i actually attach the hammock directly to the cinch buckle?

Quote Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
    i think i got it - do i actually attach the hammock directly to the cinch buckle?
    No, best thing to do is to make a loop of a really strong cord. Then attach that to the cinch buckles using a double or triple prussic(k) knot and the larkshead the other end to the hammock.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    you need to wrap the cording from the hammock around the mounting bar on the cinch buckle enough times to make a solid stable connection. Multiple loop prussics is one way to do that. you can spiral wrap the cording as well if you want. That connects the buckle to the hammock. If you don't wrap the cording around enough times the buckle can skew off center and not grip the webbing properly.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    you need to wrap the cording from the hammock around the mounting bar on the cinch buckle enough times to make a solid stable connection. Multiple loop prussics is one way to do that. you can spiral wrap the cording as well if you want. That connects the buckle to the hammock. If you don't wrap the cording around enough times the buckle can skew off center and not grip the webbing properly.
    I found out the hard way about the buckle skewing off center . . . thankfully i was only a handful of inches off the ground.

I used a slipnot and just used the s hook provided onto the slipknot.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Keep the length of rope from your hammock to your cinch buckle as short as possible, so that it will be under your tarp. That way it will serve as a good rain block for your suspension. If the buckle ends up out side of the tarp, you will lose that benefit.

So rope attached to hammock on one end, to cinch buckle on other end, then webbing to CB on tree side of CB, then biner on other end of webbing.

• + New Posts