Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Images
    i played around with the tensions some too and found that it does seem like the knee ridge is more pronounced the more force is on the rl, loosening up the hammock (higher sag angle) seemed to help alot. it's weird, because i could tell a difference between tighter and looser, the rl sagged in neither so the ridge distance is the same, but there was a difference for me, and looser seemed much better on the left leg.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFER View Post
    Brandon how are you ,
    Is there a possibility to create a half screened BB. with all the designs that are on the BB footbox and shelf. I'm wondering if you were to still put those on with the bug netting attached but, here me out,but with the netting going around the ridgeline and sewn back onto itself kinda like creating a small sleave, like a snake skin just the same size the whole way down essentially the netting is wrapped around the ridgline not sewn to it. this would allow the footbox support as well as the shelf. But one side of the hammock would be wide open for things like star gazers . Or easy exit . Even if it went around and connected with velcro.

just a thought,
    TY
    P.S. I'll still loooove my blackbird thanks again chief.

the footbox and shelf aren't supported by the netting at all, they are self supported i guess you could say, so when you throw the netting over the rl there should be no problem.

Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    the footbox and shelf aren't supported by the netting at all, they are self supported i guess you could say, so when you throw the netting over the rl there should be no problem.
    does the traveling hammock you make have the footbox at least. I was thinking the shelf would be usable with the screen on and around the ridgeline so nothing would fall off the shelf.

TY

Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    I just want another one. And I want a yetti, and a supperfly, and and and.....

NA
    "It's like a giant net for catching lazy people"
    "You never see anyone crying in a hammock" -Jim Gaffigan on Hammocks
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseAmerican View Post
    I just want another one. And I want a yetti, and a supperfly, and and and.....
    NA
    Slept out in my BB night before last .... 21º the low ... breezy ... tarp in porch mode on purpose to let breezes in. Used the Winter over-stuffed Yeti that I got from Brandon and was warm, warm, warm. No cold butt, back warm. CCF small pad under feet.
    20º Western Mountaineering bag as Top Quilt. Almost too warm. Wore Smartwool thin socks, long underwear polypro REI, SW shirt, balaclava. Sweet!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Slept out in my BB night before last .... 21º the low ... breezy ... tarp in porch mode on purpose to let breezes in. Used the Winter over-stuffed Yeti that I got from Brandon and was warm, warm, warm. No cold butt, back warm. CCF small pad under feet.
    20º Western Mountaineering bag as Top Quilt. Almost too warm. Wore Smartwool thin socks, long underwear polypro REI, SW shirt, balaclava. Sweet!
    SWEET!
    I am 2 days away to paypal on the new BB 1.1 double and Superfly!
    I found a gardening pad which will fit nicely in foot box area and is about 1" thick-so great seat pad as well. Not sure if I am going to pull the plug on the Yetti yet, as summer is aproching and winter start of AT is not for sure at this point.
    "It's like a giant net for catching lazy people"
    "You never see anyone crying in a hammock" -Jim Gaffigan on Hammocks
    NorseAmerican

Just paid for mine this morning....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFER View Post
    does the traveling hammock you make have the footbox at least. I was thinking the shelf would be usable with the screen on and around the ridgeline so nothing would fall off the shelf.

TY
    that's the way it is now, try it and see, you throw the netting over or under the rl and the shelf still works just fine.

travel hammock doesn't have shelf. it has half of the footbox, (lacks the part over your feet.)

Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    that's the way it is now, try it and see, you throw the netting over or under the rl and the shelf still works just fine.

travel hammock doesn't have shelf. it has half of the footbox, (lacks the part over your feet.)
    no no brandon I fully understand that they don't need to be attached to the ridgeline for support. What I mean is if there was no netting on top of the shelf then the shelf would be sensless. You say that the travel hammock only has a partial footbox why is that if it is self supporting.I watched shugs video and saw that the design allowed for the footbox and shelf to be self supporting I'm not sure what I'm saying now.

If anything I hope this gets you creative juices flowing!

TY

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    i played around with the tensions some too and found that it does seem like the knee ridge is more pronounced the more force is on the rl, loosening up the hammock (higher sag angle) seemed to help alot. it's weird, because i could tell a difference between tighter and looser, the rl sagged in neither so the ridge distance is the same, but there was a difference for me, and looser seemed much better on the left leg.
    Coldsprings, have you tried hanging as Brandon noted above. At least with HH ULBP and the BB, maybe a characteristic of hammocks with structural ridge lines the higher sag angle seems to result in a flatter lay.

What weight/model fabric BB did you purchase. In another post Brandon noted the upper weight limit relative to flatness of lay for the 1.1 single is 140-150 lbs. Maybe a bit of shoulder squeeze might happen.
    Noel V.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast