DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    Brandon how are you ,
    Is there a possibility to create a half screened BB. with all the designs that are on the BB footbox and shelf. I'm wondering if you were to still put those on with the bug netting attached but, here me out,but with the netting going around the ridgeline and sewn back onto itself kinda like creating a small sleave, like a snake skin just the same size the whole way down essentially the netting is wrapped around the ridgline not sewn to it. this would allow the footbox support as well as the shelf. But one side of the hammock would be wide open for things like star gazers . Or easy exit . Even if it went around and connected with velcro.

just a thought,
    TY
    P.S. I'll still loooove my blackbird thanks again chief.
    Last edited by GOLFER; 03-29-2009 at 15:26.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    just a thought make a bb in black call it a limited edition??
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Well, I tinkered around with mine. I tightened the ridgeline quite a lot, and I let it all the way out. I adjusted the strapping, but I didn't tie to trees of different spaces apart. I still have issues with that right wall putting pressure on my right arm and shoulder. The two nights I didn't have shoulder problems, I was hung up between two trees that were a lot closer together than I ever have, (I was with a car camping group and didn't have any other trees to choose from)

How about putting netted footboxes on all four corners? Would it work?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    Well, I tinkered around with mine. I tightened the ridgeline quite a lot, and I let it all the way out. I adjusted the strapping, but I didn't tie to trees of different spaces apart. I still have issues with that right wall putting pressure on my right arm and shoulder. The two nights I didn't have shoulder problems, I was hung up between two trees that were a lot closer together than I ever have, (I was with a car camping group and didn't have any other trees to choose from)

How about putting netted footboxes on all four corners? Would it work?
    This may sound like a stupid question but forgive me. Are you laying at a diagonal in your BB like you are suppose to? I really can not understand how you getting the pressure on your right arm. I am just trying to help.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    This may sound like a stupid question but forgive me. Are you laying at a diagonal in your BB like you are suppose to? I really can not understand how you getting the pressure on your right arm. I am just trying to help.
    Yup. It's a comfortable hammock, except for that right wall. It's actually more comfortable to lay in it backwards.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Slept in mine last night ..21º ... used the winter Yeti and was warm as could be. I now sleep with my feet in the footbox using the Yeti and a foot pad. Did get a "dead leg" for a bit from the middle ridge common to gathered end hammocks. I put a stuff sack with jacket in it under my knees and that helped. Happened with my DIY but I was able to adjust ridge lines and hang angles to find the sweet-spot. ............
    Shug
    So, that problem is not just me, as I had been suspecting. But, to a more or less degree, if you want gathered end ( and sometimes I do), I think this is a problem you have to work around, no matter brand. At least for me. For me, it would probably be the absolute number one reason for me to choose a bridge hammock over gathered end, though I might have some other reasons to choose gathered end.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i think theoretically you could do that (cut in a window), but i think being enclosed in ripstop and netting will still be hot in the summer. netting still stops alot of small breezes....
    Yep, that has been my experience.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    Yup. It's a comfortable hammock, except for that right wall. It's actually more comfortable to lay in it backwards.
    So you are against that right wall with your right shoulder when laying diagonal with your left shoulder near the left zippers?

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    I love my BB, the only thing on here that I saw that I would like personally would be a cool Warbonnet logo on a tag somewhere for all to see. I love this thing, so much I ordered 2 more for my kids and now my wife who doesn't even camp wants theirs if they decide they don't like it (yeah, right), which means I will be ordering another one in a few more weeks. In the words of Cannibal "Warbonnet ON!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    I have a little trick that might help you with the ducking under the wing thing, Coldspring. First I added a small plastic clip onto the metal ring on the wing tie out. I clip the shock cord to that so it is noe detachable quickly. Once I have set up everything the way I want, I detach the shockcord on that side and flip the bugnetting over the top. I then use a length of mason line that also has a small clip on it, and I hook this to the shock cord. both of these lay nicely out of the way when I dont need the lid on. Come bedtime I get in, flip the bugnetting back into place, use the mason line to pull the shock cord to me, and clip it back onto the wing. zip and done.
    I don't know if it'll help anyone but I agree that hanging it slightly looser helped me to alleviate and basically eliminate the "ridge" on the legs. I feel it no more. I also built some glow in the dark pull tabs for my zipper. Youcan make em out of anything that glows. Those stars and moons sets for kids ceilings comes to mind quickly. I made mine out of glowing rubber fishing tackle. I think it would be cool if all the above things came standard.

And I most totally agree with black 1.7, an ul beertap, and a "flight attendant/masseuse" for flying air warbonnet.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast