I have been working on my new bridgeskin design all winter. I am glad to be done with this project b/c it was never ending. The more I worked on it the more things I would decide to put on it.
It looks like my first one but I made some changes. First of all it is made from one peice of fabric and it is waterproof. I loved my first one but I was always afraid of the 1.9 ripstop wings tearing at the sewn seam. This one is made from OWF stormproof 4 oz per yard w/ some kind of DWR. Very strong stuff.
Some other changes are it has a hip belt, a removable mesh pocket, a dedicated sleeve for my poles, and the endcaps have a pocket to store the suspension.
It also can be used as an emergency bivy.
The one thing I didn't like about the first BS is I had to remove the suspension every time. Having the endcap act as a stow-away pocket is very convenient. It also has a pocket on the endcap for something small like a headlamp. I made the mesh pocket removable so I don't have to take it if I don't need it. Another advantage to it is if my tarp is wet I can flip it over to help it dry. The sleeve for my poles also hold pole that act a spreader bars for my tarp. The hip belt is actually an extra from my ULA P-2 and has pockets on the front. When I thru'd I lost weight and Brian sent me a second hipbelt. I kind of feel like i cheated by using commercial hipbelt on it so please forgive me. I will use this for weekend hikes (which is most of my hikes) that aren't terribly buggy.