Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst

Husband might be ok to get rid of the bed!!

So, getting rid of the bed is something that I've been wanting to do, but hubby refused and said it just isn't right for husband and wife to sleep apart. Now that my health issues with my body have gotten worse, and I'm more uncomfortable in the bed, then I'm quite cranky the rest of the day. He is OK with hammocks.

Even though this is something that I've wanted; BAM........anxiety kicked in with me.

He has never slept in a hammock; so obviously I need to rig something up in the house for him to try it out. I know that part is confusing to many here, but I'm more the outdoorsy person and feel it's important to get my son out into the woods, so my husband stays home to babysit the 10 dogs we have.

Can a couple really be without a bed?

He says he is quite sure he can sleep anywhere. I'm not sure of that.

Should we get rid of an expensive king size foam bed entirely? Should we put in a twin bed in case one of us gets hurt or something and shouldn't be in a hammock? (the spare room is out of the question, as it's become my gear room )

For those of you that are couples, and sleeping in a hammock full-time; how are the arrangements?

Will it be unhealthy on a marriage for us to sleep apart, forever? (I feel I'd be fine with it, but want to be realistic too). psychologically and physically is this really able to be done without relationship damage?

How many married couples are really sleeping in hammocks full-time?

Mods: if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move to the correct area.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I think the obvious first item is to get him sleeping in a hammock so the two of you can make an informed choice. The bed is nice as a back-up on occasion.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    My wife and I sleep in hammocks full time, she has her TLG Double and I have my SLD Streamliner. They hang in the same room, though I also have a set of brackets in the livingroom if someone want to lounge there and the boy sleeps in a hammock in his room as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Holy cow; 5 of the 10 dogs sleep with us....adjusting them to sleeping in a dog bed will be tough too. The most I'll sleep with in my hammock is two, and that gets a bit dangerous to keep track of their little legs.

Why am I all of sudden panicked? After all, being in the hammock full-time is what I've wanted.

It's "change", I have a difficult time with change, good or bad. That's probably all it is.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Holding is important. Just sayin'.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    make a hammock for the dogs....hang it low to ground..
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I think the obvious first item is to get him sleeping in a hammock so the two of you can make an informed choice. The bed is nice as a back-up on occasion.
    I will take him out to my hammock barn this weekend for him to sleep and teach him some of the things. Then I will have to put my trust into my soon to be 16 year old son to take care of the dogs.....and to keep those darn girls that live behind us away

Quote Originally Posted by Craigthor View Post
    My wife and I sleep in hammocks full time, she has her TLG Double and I have my SLD Streamliner. They hang in the same room, though I also have a set of brackets in the livingroom if someone want to lounge there and the boy sleeps in a hammock in his room as well.
    Do you guys still have your bed?

My son has been wanting his bed gone too. That would be next in line should we go through with this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Holding is important. Just sayin'.
    Yes, it is; and obviously there is none of that happening when sleeping in hammocks.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Diva, I think your "2nd" thoughts may just be wisdom. Your comment about needing to sleep in a bed OR recover from something in bed seems to shine the light of wisdom on the issue. Who wants to have to live on the couch if they're seriously injured and can't use the hammock? Who would miss that memory foam mattress then?

I snore, and to help my wife sleep better I hang every night in my office. She snores too but don't tell anyone and we BOTH sleep better and get better rest in our quite separate sleeping quarters but we also enjoy cuddling on the bed.

I say options are a GOOD thing.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    WV I edit again.....I'll have my son stay at our hammock barn with his dad and teach him some things about the hammock, it would be good for the two of them. I'll stay home. It's not my son that I don't trust, as much as it is these two girls that seem quite intrigued with him, we swear they have a radar on him. He feels it's pushing harassment from them.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Shoot, I've been married 30 years. Moving my snoring rear end out of the bedroom was the best thing for our marriage.

Makes "Date Night" more frequent.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast