ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Really? That surprises me.
    HHs outnumbered everything else by a large margin on the AT last year. I've seen a few ENO out here, but probably just as many HHs. Course, I can count all the hammock campers I've seen out here on 2 hands.
    It probably has a lot to do with who you camp around. I think that Mustardman climbs a lot, and probably attends climbing events. ENO's are very popular with that crowd, although most don't seem to have discovered underquilts.

HH, Speer, etc seem to be more popular amongst the backpacking crowd.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    That makes sense.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    It probably has a lot to do with who you camp around. I think that Mustardman climbs a lot, and probably attends climbing events. ENO's are very popular with that crowd, although most don't seem to have discovered underquilts.

HH, Speer, etc seem to be more popular amongst the backpacking crowd.
    Bingo! I've seen more ENOs than I can count on both hands set up at a single climbing comp, and not a single HH to be seen.

Not many people using any kind of bottom insulation either, which is always good for some hilarity in the mornings

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Part of the issue may also be that Eno and Treklight are functionally the same hammock, different suppliers. So, we tend to lump them together when talking about them. If you add the discussions on the two together you would get a better idea of that type of hammock's popularity. My Treklight double is my most used hammock, but I haven't had my blackbird very long. The bugnet and double layers are the reasons I changed to it, in that order of importance.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    my first was a eno double love it still do, everyone says to stay away from the slap straps i like them, they do stretch but oh well i deal with it, i do have a tarp from them as well got it as a gift great for a sun shade thats about it. i got a blackbird for the bugnet option and the shelf, i still will always thank eno for getting me to become a hanger, without them i would still be a ______ dweller.
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap

Thumbs up

my eno hammock is a single, and i have been using it since i bought it. had a neighbor sew velcro on the hammock and velcro on nanoseeum netting, and viola....removeble netting when i camp in the spring and bugs are out! and i will be purchasing a dbl.and the eno is 7yrs old!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I think the HAAB (Hook And Attached Bag) style hammocks like the ENO are pretty popular.
    that's what I have.

of course, the bag is now a stuff sack for small stuff and the hooks have been replaced w/ the popular ring buckles

and mine is a double.

I'm going to make a bug net for it - will measure next time I'm out.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    I prefer the ENO in non-buggy weather. I like top entry and being able to store my suspension webbing separately from my main hammock body. (It's a bit annoying getting into my Hennessy and finding it damp where the wet straps have touched the main hammock body.)

When bugs are out, the Hennessy's netting easily trumps the ENO though. It's just a lighter, more compact system for me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmoss View Post
    Part of the issue may also be that Eno and Treklight are functionally the same hammock, different suppliers. So, we tend to lump them together when talking about them. If you add the discussions on the two together you would get a better idea of that type of hammock's popularity. My Treklight double is my most used hammock, but I haven't had my blackbird very long. The bugnet and double layers are the reasons I changed to it, in that order of importance.
    And what about TTTM and maybe even the Claytors? Still pretty close to my overall very favorite hammock is my Claytor No Net. It didn't have a hook, but it does have a channel on the end through which the webbing or rope goes, which I think is similar to the others.

All of these pretty similar hammocks add up to quite a bit of use even among the forum regulars, though it does seem the BB is current over all favorite here. I think when I first joined up HH had the title for most usage with various top loaders a close second, mainly Speer.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    I have just discovered hammockforums and I love my doublenest. I've had it for probably 5 years, but have never camped in it-- just lounged around. Being a poor student, I like that the eno system is modular so I can use one hammock for hanging (literally) out or can add a bugnet and a tarp (and an underquilt) for camping. When and if I become more serious about camping and hiking, I may invest in a more purpose-built setup.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast