Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on that, RAW.

I think I fouled that order up. Oh well, lots of webbing.

Lyndon
    Did you end up ordering two 30ft. straps?
    I guess I wasn't clear in my email. You just get the 30ft. simplesling and cut it in half.

No biggy. You'll get into this hammock sickness like the rest of us. And pretty soon you'll have 2 or 3 hammocks. You'll need extra straps.

Reuben

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I ordered the Hitchcraft Monster, but still wondering why I need 30' of slip strap? That was another member's suggestion on building a ridgeline.
    Thanks for the feedback on that, RAW.

I think I fouled that order up. Oh well, lots of webbing.

Lyndon

So you ordered the Hitchcrafts, and webbing? You can't use them together, you know. At least I don't think you can - I've never tried it. I take it that if one of them doesn't work for you, you are going to try the other?

Raw has a lot of experience with his Clark - so does Cavediver. I've been bouncing around trying every hammock under the sun that I can get my hands on. I think I have close to equal time in all of them. Make tree straps with the extra webbing - you can use those with any hammock setup.

Thanks, FishinFinn
    Yeah, I think I got to move slower...slower than I already move.

I gots' de rope, and I bet I have enough to hang myself with.

We have some interesting industries in Salt Lake, besides Clark. We also have Black Diamond. A very interesting backcountry company. I will drop by their outlet store this weekend for caribiners and other gear.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Thanks, FishinFinn
    Yeah, I think I got to move slower...slower than I already move.

I gots' de rope, and I bet I have enough to hang myself with.

We have some interesting industries in Salt Lake, besides Clark. We also have Black Diamond. A very interesting backcountry company. I will drop by their outlet store this weekend for caribiners and other gear.
    Let me know if you find any awesome deals at Black Diamond. I'm always in the mood for a good deal. My wallet isn't always, though.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFER View Post
    sell the Clark and order a blackbird just my .02 cents
    That was kind of a bold statement I have both and will not sell any of them. But to just come out and like that was um well I will leave it alone.

I have a HH Explorer and a Bliss no-see-um. The Clark seems similar to Bliss hammock. I've found the HH Explorer is easier to enter/exit than the top-loading Bliss, and that the Explorer also offers a flatter lie than the Bliss. I think the HH (or perhaps the BB) would perhaps be more comfortable for you.

Hammock
    DIY Speer type,double 1.7blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    winter pheonix
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    That was kind of a bold statement I have both and will not sell any of them. But to just come out and like that was um well I will leave it alone.
    if she is complaining of feeling squeezed at her size then it would appear to me she need something roomier that's all. Not putting down the Clark I'm sure it is a fine hammock for some. Don't misunderstand me cavediver I had no malicious intent to put down the Clark by any means. Can not speak of experience with the Clark just from what I read here and it seems the BB has more room that's all.

TY

Golfer,
    No problem, I understood where you were coming from...but are you saying I'm a "she"? Maybe that is why I got so many helpful posts
    Sorry to inform you, but I'm an old codger of Norwegian/German ancestry.
    But you would think that Norwegian blood would help me sleep better with the cold.
    I may be heading down to the high desert earlier thanI expected, and wanted advice on better insulation.
    Anything special for the Clark, or is it pretty much all the same? I will use my thermarest pad, and the Big Agnes bag, which is only rated to 40. Space blanket? Don't have time for the quilt talk right now. Those desert winds can kick you around. Going to have to use rocks to hold down lines. I'm talking Moab...Arches National Park area, Dead Horse State Park, Utah.
    I have gotten cold in this arrangement before. What is best bang for the buck?
    To keep my albino arse from shivering?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    If bugs aren't going to be an issue, you might want to try picking up an ENO doublenest from REI - reasonably inexpensive and much wider than the clark, so potentially less likely to twist you up. If you don't like it, take advantage of the generous REI return policy

EDIT: A layer or two of cheap foam pads from walmart might keep you warmer than the thermarest. I found my thermarest trail lite to be sorely lacking when it came to bottom insulation. A nice trick is to use one full-length foam pad, and then cut a second foam pad short and place it perpendicular and overlapping the first pad, in a T shape. That'll give you some wider coverage for your shoulders, and a double layer under your torso to keep you a bit warmer. Lighter than the thermarest, too, and doesn't add much in the way of bulk if you strap it to the outside of your pack.

Mustardman,
    I have some cheap closed cell foam pads in the garage. I will try that along with CaveDiver2's hanging suggestions, if this ROTTEN weather ever lets up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast