Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomankc View Post
    For suspension, the simplest, and best mod I have made was to add an SMC Descending Ring on the rope. To keep it simple I just put it in place and wrap the rope through it 3 times. I then use my tree straps as I normally would and I run the rope through the straps and back through the ring and then tighten it by pulling the line through that ring back towards the tree. When I reach the desired position I pull it a few inches further and tie a half-hitch around the two lines on the tree side of the SMC ring. This locks the lines in place. I didn't cut anything to make it work. The rings can be moved with ease. And it added about 1oz to the hammock weight.

You can see it in this picture:
    I want one of those camo Clarks bad I wish they had them when I got mine.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    The Clark is not a side sleeper for sure. I have the UL and a slight roll to one side or the other is about it. I normally sleep on my side at home but have no trouble sleeping on my back in the UL. Know what you mean by that leg cramp thing and feeling trapped in any hammock.

Did not sell the explorer for the lower offer but it is sold. The ULBA may still be available and would be a good fit for your stated size.

Adding a ridgeline will help to get the same set up everytime. The Clark is easy to get a slightly different lay each time. I have found that you generally need more sag than you think. I have a pic in my gallery or you can check RAW's thread were he gave lots of detail and pics http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...lark+Ridgeline
    I sleep just fine on either side I have a friend that has a clark and the only way he sleep on his side is by taking a ratchet strap and ratching it around two trees that way he can get it pulled tight I have told him a number of times that it can't be good on the hammock with it pulled that tight.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Lyndon

I noticed that you are in Salt Lake how hard would it be to go to the Clark facility and take your hammock with you and have Spence or Gary give you a hand trying to make you comfortable? I would be willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut that they would be glad to help.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    Is there a specific Clark thread in the forums where people have been doing tweaks to the ropes, etc. for faster put up and break downs? A link would be good.
    I use a Hitchcraft ropetie on my Clark, and it works great! Fastest, easiest way to rig a Clark without changing out the suspension.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I want one of those camo Clarks bad I wish they had them when I got mine.
    When it is setup with it's fly in shady corner of the woods it's real nice. I have had times where I had trouble spotting it coming back to camp if I didn't pay close attention to the location. The only bad thing is it's hard to find any alternate tarps in camo and it seems goofy sometimes to have this nice camo hammock and then a tarp that's a green/blue/gray screen that seems to scream "Hey, come on over and bug me about what this is".

I just ordered a MacCat deluxe because It seems about perfect size and layout for my solo trips with a good helping of rain expected but I hate that I have to setup what looks like a movie screen in the woods to use it. The JRB is just overkill and heavy unless I have my pup along or another person to setup some common space for.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Cannibal,

Photomankc said:

Very Much true for me as well. I will work on your ideas you suggested in your second post this coming weekend.
    Wish there was a group, but I only know one fellow that has an HH, and he says he can't loan out equipment because he is a tester
    for a net' zine. I figure he just has a rule, and that is fine.
    You can try it out by simply tying a 'truckers hitch' in the rope instead of the SMC rings. The only real problem is that this weakens the rope some from the knots and the knots can really get tight overnight but the principle is exactly the same as using the SMC rings.

Photomankc said:
    I hate that I have to setup what looks like a movie screen in the woods to use it.

Now where is that 720p projector run with a couple of squirrels in wheels???

I was thinking of a ridgeline system with 4 SMC rings, and webbing, a setup by a member who also posts in a Clark forum.
    But that Hitchcraft ropetie that FishinFinn shows looks pretty interesting.

Cavediver2 is correct, in that I have had the old man himself, at the Clark storefront, on his hands and knees with me showing different ways to fold up the hammock. But he is too busy, or was the two times I stopped by, to have me set up the hammock, and work on getting the sweet spot. At least, that was my impression. A very nice fellow, though!
    Lyndon

Cavediver2,
    I watched your videos on YouTube tonight. I liked the second one, it seemed clearer. Will try some of your suggestions.
    I ordered the Hitchcraft Monster, but still wondering why I need 30' of slip strap? That was another member's suggestion on building a ridgeline.

Off topic, I went and test rode a Giant Trance 2 FS mountain bike. Nice, but I don't think the price drop for an '08 bike, $1100 to $800 is that much. I will test ride a GT Force tomorrow. It may be the weather, or the economy, but the 4 bike shops I have been in the past week have been deserted.

Lyndon

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    I ordered the Hitchcraft Monster, but still wondering why I need 30' of slip strap? That was another member's suggestion on building a ridgeline.

Lyndon
    Lyndon,

I like having two 15foot straps, cuz there have been a few times I've been happy to have the extra. I've hung in a couple of places where my hanging trees were gigantic, taking quite a bit of strap length just to get around 'em.

Thanks for the feedback on that, RAW.

I think I fouled that order up. Oh well, lots of webbing.

Lyndon

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast