Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    Finn,
    I liked your hammock setup in the motel. That was sweet! I can't imagine the look on the maid if she suddenly opened the door!
    Lyndon
    You mean this one?

It was a crappy motel - no chance of a maid showing up. Did you notice the carpet? It wasn't exactly a Hilton, or even a Motel 6. And I wasn't about to sleep in that bed! Even without a black light, it just scared me! It made me think of what Cannibal's hammock must look like after a month of hiking with GD.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Lyndon: try using the hitchcraft thingys on your rope that comes from the hammock ends. Take your straps, I'm guessing this is just flat strap material that you've ordered a long length of. You'll need to cut that in half(straps would then be about 15' long each) and sew a loop into each end. Then you can wrap that around your tree, thread one end of strap through the other end of strap's loop and then be holding the strap end (with a loop at the end that you sewed there. This is where you thread the rope from your hammock through and run back to the hitchcraft thingy and tie it there. Then you just adjust your hanging from the hitchcraft thingy. This will leave your hammock straps as is and will give you straps that are a pretty good lenght so if you don't like this set-up, you can try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    You mean this one?

It was a crappy motel - no chance of a maid showing up. Did you notice the carpet? It wasn't exactly a Hilton, or even a Motel 6. And I wasn't about to sleep in that bed! Even without a black light, it just scared me! It made me think of what Cannibal's hammock must look like after a month of hiking with GD.
    How did you hang the foot end? What was it attached to?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    How did you hang the foot end? What was it attached to?
    See this thread - don't want to hijack this one.

Well,
    One of you guys may have pulled the strings, or maybe CaveDigger2, but tomorrow, a guy from Clark's Hammocks, named Spencer, is personally coming by to help me figure out what I am doing wrong with the hang of the Clark.
    He was very nice with the emails, and is actually walking over from the shop with some drip rings.
    I have all the other gear, but he told me to put it aside, and let's start from scratch.
    He wasn't too keen about using the clothesline poles, but my options are limited. Two huge Douglas firs in the back that are too close, and two very fat "trees of life" (trash tree) in the front, again too close.
    I just think that either somebody at the Clark shop reads these forums, or somebody put in a good word for me to get this help. Thanks TinaLouise for the suggestions. I also think I would like to use those slap straps, but
    wonder how other hangers deal with heavy pine tar sap getting on their gear. I would think you would have to have some plastic baggies to wrap around the crap, so it didn't get over everything when you roll the Clark into its bag. All we got around here in the high country is firs/evergreen. It is the high desert country, or the mountains. Heading to Yellowstone in two weeks.
    I'll report tomorrow night!
    Lyndon

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    That's great news! Make sure you take plenty of pictures so that you remember and also you can show us how it went and use it as a cross reference I love Clark's hammocks both in quality and design however I must say their manual is lacking.

"The Visit from the Company Man"

Spencer took the time, patiently to find a time after work, and then came over to my home and helped me troubleshoot my problems with the Clark hammock.
    His help was invaluable.
    I can't thank him enough and I plan to write a snail mail letter to the company to give him props for his help on personal time.

It was hard because I was right about the trees in the front yard being too close, and the firs in the back being too close to the neighbor's fence. But we worked it with my ancient, but sturdy clothesline poles.
    I apologize guys, because my photos don't explain the problem Spencer found with the way my netting closed in around my head. He feels it was
    sewn incorrectly, and took my hammock back to the shop, to have the experts take a look at it. So more will come later.
    He did have some nice ways to set up the ropes.
    Let me see if can post a few photos. I am a newbie at this.

And

Thanks again, Spence, and thank you CaveDigger2 for your help as well.

Lyndon

Salt Lake City, Utah

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Huh! Clark changed their rope since I bought my NA. I don't see the black poly anywhere in those pics. I'm going to have to go check out what they are using now.

Clark has excellent Customer Service, don't they?

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndon View Post
    "The Visit from the Company Man"

Spencer took the time, patiently to find a time after work, and then came over to my home and helped me troubleshoot my problems with the Clark hammock.
    His help was invaluable.
    I can't thank him enough and I plan to write a snail mail letter to the company to give him props for his help on personal time.

It was hard because I was right about the trees in the front yard being too close, and the firs in the back being too close to the neighbor's fence. But we worked it with my ancient, but sturdy clothesline poles.
    I apologize guys, because my photos don't explain the problem Spencer found with the way my netting closed in around my head. He feels it was
    sewn incorrectly, and took my hammock back to the shop, to have the experts take a look at it. So more will come later.
    He did have some nice ways to set up the ropes.
    Let me see if can post a few photos. I am a newbie at this.

And

Thanks again, Spence, and thank you CaveDigger2 for your help as well.

Lyndon

Salt Lake City, Utah
    Its great to see Spencer take time to come out and help you. That's the nice thing about small company's. Most often there customer service is awesome.

And I now you have used CaveDigger2 as my name several times and I get a chuckle out of it ever time I see it but that being said I can't find a shovel that will fit my hands most of the time so I will just continue to DIVE them

Cavediver2

I'm sorry, Pat!

It just must have stuck with me.
    I promise to get it right.
    Edit: Alright, I teach a class of 30 eight year olds, and I think my brain connects with the awesome GraveDigger vehicle that still tours
    with the Monster Truck Tour. That is my excuse for the mistake in names, and I'm stickin' with it! :0)

I will be back in Illinois, Jacksonville to be exact, from June 26 to July 15th.

Besides driving to Columbia, Missouri to visit my brother, I was wondering if you would be around? If there is anything happening at that time, let me know. I plan on bringing my hammock and Bike Friday!

Lyndon
    Last edited by Lyndon; 05-18-2009 at 08:39. Reason: Remembered the GraveDigger!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456