prispriscipriscila

Talking Hello from Utah!

I used to hang when I was a little girl living in Mexico at almost all of my relatives' homes. I remember loving it, and always wanted a turn on the hammock. Now I'm 26, married, living in the States, and I have three children, ages 4, 2, and 3 months.

Sometime next year I plan to move my young son from the master bedroom into the shared children's bedroom, and I'm in the market for a new bed for him. I've considered bunk beds, trundle beds, and variations or combinations of the two. Then I had the brilliant idea that I should get them hammocks instead of beds. Why not, right? They'll have so much room for activities!

Anyway. I haven't done it yet, but I'm almost sure that's what's going to happen for us within the next few months. I've been reading up on hammocks, something I've never done before, and I'm sold. I have my good memories of using hammocks as a child, but I've read nothing bad about hammocks. Except maybe those silly American style hammocks with the spreader bars, but that's not what I want.

I'm here for advice and to hear stories about full time hammock use, I suppose is how I would say that.

I'm glad and eager to join your community.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Welcome!!! There is so much information here--and the people are really great! Enjoy! (try this for your kids hammocks https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...+CLOTH+HAMMOCK really cheap and easy!)
    Last edited by stevebo; 09-14-2013 at 03:11.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    Welcome from another Utahn.
    I don't sleep in a hammock full time, but I do have a few hammock stands in the house. They are easy to move outside in the summer for backyard camping or new gear testing.

My kids use the stands with a Grand Trunk UL hammock most nights, but not full time.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Welcome to the forums! I'm a full time hanger due to arthritis - I don't wake up sore at all.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by prispriscipriscila View Post
    I used to hang when I was a little girl living in Mexico at almost all of my relatives' homes. I remember loving it, and always wanted a turn on the hammock. Now I'm 26, married, living in the States, and I have three children, ages 4, 2, and 3 months.

Sometime next year I plan to move my young son from the master bedroom into the shared children's bedroom, and I'm in the market for a new bed for him. I've considered bunk beds, trundle beds, and variations or combinations of the two. Then I had the brilliant idea that I should get them hammocks instead of beds. Why not, right? They'll have so much room for activities!

Anyway. I haven't done it yet, but I'm almost sure that's what's going to happen for us within the next few months. I've been reading up on hammocks, something I've never done before, and I'm sold. I have my good memories of using hammocks as a child, but I've read nothing bad about hammocks. Except maybe those silly American style hammocks with the spreader bars, but that's not what I want.

I'm here for advice and to hear stories about full time hammock use, I suppose is how I would say that.

I'm glad and eager to join your community.

Welcome to the forums! You quoted one of the greatest movies ever, excellent.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

prispriscipriscila
    Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

Hammock
    DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to life above ground from Greenville SC
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prispriscipriscila View Post
    I had the brilliant idea that I should get them hammocks instead of beds. Why not, right? They'll have so much room for activities!
    When you do it let us know how it goes.

Welcome neighbor.
    Mind over matter,
    if you don't mind, it don't matter

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Tewa Breeze
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Your kids are lucky you have such an open mentality.
    I wish I grew up sleeping in a hammock.
    Utah Rocks, I love it here!
    Palm made products a portrait of modern triumph

• + New Posts