Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AT and I-40

Images
    this may sound weird, but my planning for the Foothills Trail was just as much as part of the experience as the hike. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the hike much more, but the planning makes me feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Bird Dog, the Foothill Trails is on my to do list. I may pick your brain when I get ready to do that one. Did you do a trip report or have some pics posted somewhere.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    this may sound weird, but my planning for the Foothills Trail was just as much as part of the experience as the hike. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the hike much more, but the planning makes me feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. BD
    I'm with you on that. Planning is always fun.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    BD, HE, that's exactly how I feel about this hike. It's like being a kid again and waiting to open that first Christmas present. To add to the excitement, as I said, this is my first hike on the AT in YEARS. I have had a lot of fun working on the planning phases of the hike, making sure my gear is all in working order, planning menus, making supply lists, writing an itenerary, etc. And to top it all off, the end of my hike is the SEHHA June Hangout. It just doesn't get much better than that if you ask me. I'm getting anxious about it, but in a good way. I just can't wait to get on the trail again and enjoy the outdoors as they were meant to be. I know the hike itself will be a lot of work, but look at the payoff: great scenery, a great hike, a good time, communing with nature and just a plain old good time. Forgive me if I ramble on about it, but I can't wait! Did I mention I was excited?
    Last edited by Hooch; 04-29-2007 at 04:37.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Bird Dog, the Foothill Trails is on my to do list. I may pick your brain when I get ready to do that one. Did you do a trip report or have some pics posted somewhere.
    Yes I did a trip report and have lots of photos. But I dont have a place to post any of it (unless I do a trailjournals). If we can work it out and you want some company, I'll be your "walking trailguide" (did alot of planning) and you can tell me about all of the plants on the trail! I'll email you anything you want. Also have the map and the guidebook if you want to borrow it when the time nears. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123