DD 3x3m
    Insulation
    S.i.m.
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie

Florida vacation

Hi All,

I've got a family vacation planned to Florida shortly

I don't think I can persuade the rest to hang, but while we're visiting can you recommend any shops/suppliers I could take a look at while in the state???

It would be great if I could pick up a few supplies on our trip........

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Where are you going in the state?

That'll help immensely: "I'm going to FL," is a similar statement to "I'm going to Great Britain." (The difference in land area is only ~23,000 square miles, or about a quarter of Great Britain's or a third of FL's land area.) It takes ~9 hours to drive from the GA border to Key West down the east coast of FL on the highway, and ~2.5 hours to drive from the east to west coasts at the widest portion of the state on the highway--all of this assuming no traffic, of course.

So, before we make recommendations, where are you likely to be within an hour's drive of?
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

funny, when ever I hear I am going to Florida on Vacation ... My mind translates that to heading to Orlando!

Hammock
    Breyman scout 1.9 DL, WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY 144 x 120 1.1
    Insulation
    PLUQ & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanG View Post
    funny, when ever I hear I am going to Florida on Vacation ... My mind translates that to heading to Orlando!
    I think of Destin
    "As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the Lord your God moves about in your camp..." Deuteronomy 23: 13,14

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 3s Yeti/Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Well since you are comming from across the ocean, I assume you are flying into MCO. Feel free to visit TravelCountry when you get a chance. I think it is the best and maybe only good outfitter in the state.

If you want to get a taste of the real florida, make sure to visite the Wekiwa Springs State Park. Try for a weekday the weekends bring a lot of people. I assume you know about Gator Land. If you want to visit a state forest, try the Little Big Econ State Forest.

Enjoy your stay!

Hammock
    TW green hornet
    Tarp
    DD 3x3m
    Insulation
    S.i.m.
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie
    Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in replying.......

Our travel plans are slightly flexible........
    Arrival/departure is Tampa, and we'll be heading over to Daytona and Cocoa beach initially.
    We're visiting Orlando and Clearwater to meet an old friend of mine and plan on seeing the Everglades as well!!!

I'm just after some recommendations of perhaps chains to look out for on our travels...........if I end up kicking my heels at a mall it'd be great to do some of my own shopping!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Have fun on your vacation! Fort Desoto park is a great place visit. Nice beaches. They have kayak rentals and it is a nice paddle through the mangroves. As for outfitters in the Clearwater area, Bill Jacksons is about the only one really worth checking out! You will have a nice time seeing that. Everything for the sportsman in you from scuba to shooting.
    Its on US19 in Pinellas Park.

I have been to Wiltshire! When my son was in scouts, we visited and was hosted by a troop there.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankosl View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry about the delay in replying.......

Our travel plans are slightly flexible........
    Arrival/departure is Tampa, and we'll be heading over to Daytona and Cocoa beach initially.
    We're visiting Orlando and Clearwater to meet an old friend of mine and plan on seeing the Everglades as well!!!

I'm just after some recommendations of perhaps chains to look out for on our travels...........if I end up kicking my heels at a mall it'd be great to do some of my own shopping!!!
    'S okay. I'm not real familiar with that area, so I'll let others answer. But, if you make it on up Gainesville's way, please let me know!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, HH, SMe
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    Have fun on your vacation! Fort Desoto park is a great place visit. Nice beaches. They have kayak rentals and it is a nice paddle through the mangroves. As for outfitters in the Clearwater area, Bill Jacksons is about the only one really worth checking out! You will have a nice time seeing that. Everything for the sportsman in you from scuba to shooting.
    Its on US19 in Pinellas Park.

I have been to Wiltshire! When my son was in scouts, we visited and was hosted by a troop there.
    Fort Desoto is consistently ranked in the top 10 beaches. Worth the visit a bit south of Clearwater. And if you want a taste of Cuban cuisine, go to the Habana Cafe in Gulfport. Sort of on the way to Fort Desoto.

I'll 2nd Bill Jacksons. Been going there since the 50s. Yes I'm that old. Used to hang at Fort Desota before it was connected to the mainland. Fond memories of white sand, bright sun, and cold beer.

Hammock
    TW green hornet
    Tarp
    DD 3x3m
    Insulation
    S.i.m.
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie
    Well it looks like Bill Jackson's needs to be added to the list and Fort Desoto looks worth a visit!!! Oh, Wekiwa springs sounds good as well...........ummm, two weeks ain't gonna be enough......

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast