Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Vagabond View Post
    just tried out my stove (actually a 3 burner) and it works, so I'll be bringing it just in case. I also just cleaned my cast iron pans (6 1/2", 8", 10 1/2"). If anyone thinks they want/can use them this trip, let me know, I'll bring them. Also, do we know what the wood situation is at the site? Should I bring my splitting maul and hachet? Also, do we know what the approximate cost per person is going to be? I want to bring enough and spend it all on adult beverages....

See you soon!
    There are lots of downed trees so I encourage people to bring saws, axes and mauls.

The only cost is for the campsite. Approximately $10 for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Does anyone have a large griddle? If so I'm willing do do my best Dutch impersonation and flip pancakes for a Saturday morning breakfast. I'll even bring real maple syrup.
    I have a 11x13" cast iron griddle I'll bring plus an old school Coleman 2 burner white gas stove.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Repeat of IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT so it remains visible for those who didn't see the previously posted news about Stokes State Forest.
    Knotty
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images

PA>Dingmans Campground>10/18-20/2013

Some housekeeping items need to be addressed.

We are now at 27 people signed up for the hang, which means we need to reserve two more sites. JayS has graciously volunteered to help so we need one more person to step up. Remember, anyone making a reservation will be reimbursed. All attendees need to bring at least $10 for the shared costs.

Now the question is which site numbers? We currently have three adjacent sites; 213, 216 & 218. None of the other adjacent sites work too well. From my visit, 209 & 223 were the next best choices in terms of having some hang options but they're separated by a small distance from the main sites. Or we could just get 215 & 217 which are right across from the main sites but they're better suited for tents than hammocks.

The reality is that this is not a group campsite and we'll be exceeding the 6 person limit at the main sites but hopefully the rangers won't mind since we've reserved (payed for) enough sites for our total head count. I think we'll end up being the only campers at Steam Mill so hopefully they'll be understanding. Unfortunately we have no guarantee and they could give us grief.

So, back to the point. 215 & 217 would give us a place for cars. 209 & 223 provide some additional hang spots at the cost of being a 100+ yards away. What say ye?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Knotty
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post

We are now at 27 people signed up for the hang, which means we need to reserve two more sites. JayS has graciously volunteered to help so we need one more person to step up. Remember, anyone making a reservation will be reimbursed. All attendees need to bring at least $10 for the shared costs.

Now the question is which site numbers? We currently have three adjacent sites; 213, 216 & 218. None of the other adjacent sites work too well. From my visit, 209 & 223 were the next best choices in terms of having some hang options but they're separated by a small distance from the main sites. Or we could just get 215 & 217 which are right across from the main sites but they're better suited for tents than hammocks.

The reality is that this is not a group campsite and we'll be exceeding the 6 person limit at the main sites but hopefully the rangers won't mind since we've reserved (payed for) enough sites for our total head count. I think we'll end up being the only campers at Steam Mill so hopefully they'll be understanding. Unfortunately we have no guarantee and they could give us grief.

So, back to the point. 215 & 217 would give us a place for cars. 209 & 223 provide some additional hang spots at the cost of being a 100+ yards away. What say ye?
    I wonder if we should wait till we are there, since it seems there will be plenty of options, but none seem to be best. I think there's a chance if we fit, the rangers will be cool and not require another site rental from us. Besides, we may have stronger opinions about which site works best once we are there. However, if we are booking in advance, someone from jersey should do it because it is cheaper if you live in the state. If no one else is from Jersey, and we def do want to book in advance, I will happily do it
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Does anyone have a large griddle? If so I'm willing do do my best Dutch impersonation and flip pancakes for a Saturday morning breakfast. I'll even bring real maple syrup.
    yeah, I was already on the fence of bringing mine, so I will and you can have at it for some flapjacks or what not

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    I think there'll be open sites to switch to (usually a call to the office is sufficient), so for simplicity and times sake I'd be for reserving the pair that makes the most sense to you Knotty and then being flexible once we're there..
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    IDK if it helps at all, but I was at site 226 last weekend, and made a quick video showing the site. The video starts out aimed towards what I think was site 219. 226 was a nice size that should be able to hang 5-6 hammocks. It seemed like one of the larger sites around there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WugNHTdE9Xk

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Does anyone have a lid to a webber-like grill? Round and about 15 inches round, or larger. I would want to use it for putting over the pizzas and pizza stone when I am cooking them on Saturday night.

A wake up...............

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post

I'd think 212 & 220 would be best for rule-bending. It'd give us one continuous tract. So what if we blur the borders between sites? It may be harder to see that to the rangers if we're crossing the roadway.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast