Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Gresh, careful with my fall, theres some Non HF friendly stuff in there....

Firemedic: a while back I heard you could use a dorito for a fire starter, and Gladius brought a MAP gas torch to play with. so, with dorito in hand, i figured id give it a try....until the splash of the flame caught my thumb on fire.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Smack in the middle of South Carolina, the Lowcountry in Denmark.
    Hammock
    ENO double is the best.
    Tarp
    ENO tarp works.
    Insulation
    ENO Ember works.
    Suspension
    ENO pro straps.

Thumbs up Fall Sprawl was excellent fun.

My first hang with a group and it couldn't have been any better. I appreciated all the work by the individuals/members who put so much of themselves into the effort. Thank you so much. I had many interesting conversations and met so many interesting people. I did a lot of listening and watching as the weekend unfolded. I'm glad I was included. Now that I'm a member I hope to attend all hangs so I can make contributions by helping out more. I'm proud of my shirt. Thank you, Kim, for taking yours off so I could get one my size. I'll never forget the young Ranger's expression and gestures receiving the gift contribution standing way too close to the blazing bonfire. What a trip! Who else heard the owls at dawn on Sunday morning?

Hammock
    The JuneBug

Thanks JuneBug

Hey JuneBug thanks for making the cute Pink Hammock. Gonna hang it up today and test it out. Love the color and can't wait for a Tarp in Hot pink as well.....
    The only thing i really wanted from the Raffle and I got it........yippy soooo happy bout it......

Thanks ton all the Donaters for the stuff for the Raffle. It was an awesome Weekend and can't wait for the next time....

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Chops and I got there Thursday night and set up in the dark. Shout out to Dutch goes here, 'cause without the use of Cinch Buckles my setup would have taken a lot longer.

I took delivery of a well-wrapped package from Paul and Missy from Underground Quilts when I got there, and opened it to find not just my custom Winter Dream 12 that I'd ordered from them months prior (and opted to have delivered in person, and a shout out goes here as well because the tarp is AMAZING). I slept without a tarp that night so I could unfurl, rig, and fully appreciate the tarp in the daylight. I marveled at the tower of FREE Imusa cups (10s, 12s, a grease pot, and some Illy cans) provided by and stacked with loving care by our glorious leader, REV and helped myself to a grease pot to add to my collection of cookery. The raffle table that night wasn't sparse at all - I knew then it was gonna be a good take for anybody with the right tickets.

Friday morning found me waking up after a night of restless sleep due to a bright moon and enjoying a breakfast of delicious Spam - a staple at any PSH function. Friday consisted of a trickle of folks throughout the day until supper time, when we rolled 30 deep into a local barbecue joint. Good food was had by all, and meat sweats were experienced by many. The formal announcement of Palmetto State Hangers was well received by all who were there (and thanks to those who joined and bought t-shirts to support us!). I spent the night under my as-yet unnamed Winter Dream (I name my gear. Don't judge me) and all was right with the world.

Saturday saw yet more people showing up in the morning, but to an overcast day. A gear swap meet was held (that I think will go better next year with more organization) starting at noon. Rain was called for (and came that night), so we kicked off the raffle a hair early (because why not?). Thanks to those who generously kicked in for raffle tickets and the vendors and individuals who donated gear, books, and more we were able to raise $1000 in cash to donate to Sesquicentennial State Park - an unprecedented amount in the history of the Fall Sprawl. Following the VERY successful raffle, the potluck dinner began with a whole world of tasty vittles to be had...along with a second round of the meat sweats. TATO chicken, burgers, and Bacon Explosion always seemed to find a way on my plate.

Following supper, pallets and the vast majority of a truckload of wood were thrown on the fire to feed a massive bonfire. During said bonfire, the Senior Ranger (Noah) showed up. He didn't know why he was there, only that we'd requested a Ranger. After trying to set him on fire by standing too bloody close to the fire ring during the presentation, we presented him with a fat stack of cash for the park. Noah responded with a quivering lip and a promise to return with a receipt (which he did, admitting then that he was in trouble with the wife for staying so late. He declined our offer of a spare hammock to use as a dog house for the night).

As is the usual, Sunday was filled with sad goodbyes and people returning to the real world. That part always sucks.

Again, I would like to thank EVERYBODY who came out (vendors, members, visitors from other states, and regulars) and made this hang the event that it turned out to be. Thanks also again to those who donated gear and goods to the raffle (vendors and individuals alike) that allowed us to make so generous a donation to the park. Thanks to those who donated to, ordered shirts, and got memberships to Palmetto State Hangers - we expect great things to come of this, and we're glad you're along for the ride and believe in the great things we hope to accomplish. Thanks to Puddin (Tally Johnson) for sharing such great stories with us around the campfire and keeping us all engrossed in local history and the group. Thanks to REV for heading this up again this year, the stack of Imusa cups that hopefully everybody walked away with, and everything else.

We hope to see you all (and then some) next year when we move the event back to Santee State Park!

Whooo Buddy!

I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double, DIY Table Cloth
    Tarp
    Mamajamba, Noah 12
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    Firemedic: a while back I heard you could use a dorito for a fire starter, and Gladius brought a MAP gas torch to play with. so, with dorito in hand, i figured id give it a try....until the splash of the flame caught my thumb on fire.

Oh Cmon, you should have known better, anything that has to do with Gladius and fire, means someone is about to get burned.

What were you thinking

Hammock
    dangerbird
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    t&bquilts-kangaroo
    Suspension
    straps
    Gresh- I'm just glad folks listened to me babble. I enjoyed it and hopefully it can become a thing at future hangs.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudden View Post
    Gresh- I'm just glad folks listened to me babble. I enjoyed it and hopefully it can become a thing at future hangs.
    I really hope it can be, too...maybe we can even set aside a time for it specifically and make it a part of the (loose) schedule of events.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Pudden, I love your ghost stories also, and hope they make it a regular campfire event.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    dangerbird
    Tarp
    Hennesey Hex
    Insulation
    t&bquilts-kangaroo
    Suspension
    straps

That would suit me...

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I really hope it can be, too...maybe we can even set aside a time for it specifically and make it a part of the (loose) schedule of events.
    And thanks for saying so and thank you too Baja!

Hammock
    The JuneBug

Thumbs up

The Ghost stories should be an event for the future hangs. it was very nice sitting around the campfire, drinking, and listening to Pudden tell his stories...

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast