Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody have a Crazy Creek Crib ?

I'm looking to buy a Crazy Creek Crib and was wondering if anybody has one and what you think of it? Any other info on this hammock would be great.
    Peace
    Cody

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Welcome to the site. Dont know much about them other than seeing one here:
    www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=183427
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Talk to Jeff...he's testing (or has tested) one for BGT.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the group coyote.
    I think Hana Hanger has one of those if I'm not mistaken.
    What appeals to you about the crib?
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have the "ultralight" one that's not on their website any more. It's really a quality piece of gear...just not ultralight in comparison with other lightweight hammocks. Like everything else, it has advantages and disadvantages. All in all, I prefer my homemade ones but I'd still consider taking this one sometimes...esp in buggy conditions b/c the poles make the bug net HUGE and roomy inside. And it would be super simple to make a ventilated overcover for winter conditions...which is good b/c it works best with a thick pad in the pocket.

Here's my BGT reviews of it - read the IR first, then the FR, then the LTR. For some reason they show up in alphabetical order instead of chronological.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Currently I'm a Wilderness school instructor and was looking at the Crib because its fairly cheep. I'm not going backpacking with it its just for on site camping instead of taking residence in a bunk house. Last season I used my tent and well it got pretty dam dirty and Id rather pop a snake skin on the hammock and stow it away instead of breaking down a tent every time I go on course. I'm just looking for a basic hammock that's comfy and affordable. I would love to get a HH but I don't have the money and I don't have access to a sewing machine to make my own hammock. Just need a cheep hammock with good back support, already have a sill tarp for the top as well as a mosquito net , just need the hammock so if ya have any suggestions send them my way.
    Thanks for your time
    Cody

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    from what jeff said about the crib, sounds like it would make an excellent base camp.
    what's the name of the wilderness school you teach for? i'm always interested in wilderness skills. of course if we talked much about that, we would need to take it to the non-hammock thread since i guess in a really primitive situation someone would have a real challenge rigging a hammock unless they had brought the materials w/ them to make one.
    come to think of it, maybe i should have a piece of cuben fabric & a length of cord strong enough for hammock supports in my survival kit
    does the wilderness school you teach for have a web site cody?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Yes we do have a web site but its really old and were in the process of changing our Image I work at Great Hollow Wilderness School in CT. We do everything you can Imagine but from the sit it looks like a place to drop your kids off . Hope fully we will have a better web sit this year. Google Search "Great Hollow Wilderness School" you will find it should be one of the first choices.
    Cody

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thesleepingcoyote View Post
    Currently I'm a Wilderness school instructor and was looking at the Crib because its fairly cheep. I'm not going backpacking with it its just for on site camping instead of taking residence in a bunk house. Last season I used my tent and well it got pretty dam dirty and Id rather pop a snake skin on the hammock and stow it away instead of breaking down a tent every time I go on course. I'm just looking for a basic hammock that's comfy and affordable. I would love to get a HH but I don't have the money and I don't have access to a sewing machine to make my own hammock. Just need a cheep hammock with good back support, already have a sill tarp for the top as well as a mosquito net , just need the hammock so if ya have any suggestions send them my way.
    Thanks for your time
    Cody
    A couple of suggestions: Buy a Speer hammock without the fly for $100 www.speerhammocks.com
    I have a Hennessy Expedition that is good as new. Bought it as a demo model from Hennessy but I think it was never used. If your interested I'll throw in the snakeskins and ship it to ya for $100.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Thanks for the offer. Just looking for something a llitle cheaper than that and if the Crazy crib works out Ill see if I can get a Pro deal from Crazy Creek for our school. Im short on cash, Im a college student need I say more. The money Im getting for returning my books is going to supplies for work. Thanks for the offer though.
    Cody

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast