Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images

CLOSED: DIY Bridge

I don't want to hijack the BRB ebay auction thread. I have received some interest in the DIY bridge I offered on that thread. I am not overly anxious to sell it which is why I haven't listed it before. But to be honest I need to reduce some clutter and I have committed to the HH Explorer with the Super Shelter as my hammock of choice. This one is now extra.

I don't have specific details on it as I had not intended to sell it but I will compile those and update the post.

In the mean time, this is no ultralight jobber. It was an experimental idea which resulted in a double layer made with fairly robust fabric. I have been using wood dowels for spreader bars but it did perform nicely with my trekking poles when I set it up ar the NJ Pine Barrens hang in Jan.

I'll get some more info and post it later in the day. Thanks for the interest.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    So, you offer a product for sale, receive interest, and then open a new thread to solicit additional interest?
    Interesting business model...
    Personally, I'm no longer interested
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Err...the BMB on ebay isn't his, and he only responded to a comment about someone wanting one with a higher weight limit. Starting a separate thread for this was the right thing to do.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Err...the BMB on ebay isn't his, and he only responded to a comment about someone wanting one with a higher weight limit. Starting a separate thread for this was the right thing to do.
    While I understand the BMBH isn't his, I took his post in the BMBH thread as he was selling his DIY bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Bridge hammocks are reasonably easy to make yourself.

I have a DIY bridge that I would let go for $75.00 with the option to return it if you don't like it. I'm in the 250 range. PM me if you want more details.
    I PM'd RR about this, he didn't respond, and then listed it again in the for sale forum.
    Personally, I wouldn't offer an item for sale, receive interest and then relist that item (granted in the proper place) to solicit more interest. Perhaps he just didn't want to sell it to me...
    In any case, no big deal...just not the way I would handled things.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Animal control... you were not the first to express interest. If I am going to provide information requested by severl people I thought this would be the more expedient way to do it. I apologize for your misunderstanding.

I am hereby withdrawing the hammock from the market.

Mods...please mark this thread closed. I have decided to keep it rather than take flack.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts