Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My dog, ben, has a cut to his specs for length, a Gossamer Gear 1/4' thinlight pad. He likes it ( he stays all balled up, all night, right under my hammock) and it has help up well after two years of hard use. It makes a good door mat for me. Ya gotta keep weight on it till boots off time or it'll blow away. It straps, compactly, on the top of his pack in a DIY cuben stuff sack.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have a picnic sheet (blue) I got at Walmart, that I use for my dog and as a door mat. If it is cold, I add a peice of CCF pad.

Car camping I have a kennel with a nice soft blanket for them. I use the kennel to keep them safe. I just got a child's play pen for indoor and outdoor use for my dogs. You can find them at Walmart. It is an 8 panel pen that can contain my dogs so I can enjoy some camp activities.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    I made mine a tent. He still prefers the dirt but now has figured out how to weasel his way into a hammock with someone in it. He rests his cute little puppy dig chin in the edge and most people can't resist. He's a 50# mutt and I can't blame him for liking hammocks over tents.
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    My dog, ben, has a cut to his specs for length, a Gossamer Gear 1/4' thinlight pad. He likes it ( he stays all balled up, all night, right under my hammock) and it has help up well after two years of hard use. It makes a good door mat for me. Ya gotta keep weight on it till boots off time or it'll blow away. It straps, compactly, on the top of his pack in a DIY cuben stuff sack.
    This is what we did for our dog Max, and works extremely well. Another addition we did for colder times is add a space blanket, we have wrapped him up in it on several occasions and surprisingly he stayed put and it didn't blow away. We also made him a quilt out of a poncho liner, he loves that thing, nests in it and doesn't move.

We bring two extra Ti sheppard hook stakes to stake down his stuff so it doesn't blow away, so far has worked very well and not caused an issue when he nests in his bed.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Custom Readystrap
    Last trip i was on we had 5 month old pup with us. She got a bit cold just sleeping on an outdoor blanket so i turned into a quick mini tarp shelter using some mini paracord and 2 tent stakes to protect her from the wind.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Mine are so small that they stay in the hammock, don't even notice them until they start whining to let us know they want to relieve themselves.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Images
    when not in hammock Kaia sleeps on a poncho liner. the same liner we use in the truck, car, the park and kayaks
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Get yerself a real cheap lightweight 1 man tent with a screen door and put them in it next to you. you'll need to protect them from the Mos-Quit O's too or else they will get heart worm. Just find something really cheap and small at wal*mart or somewhere. Heres one they would like. > http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wenzel-Sta...eps-1/24806269
    Also; give them your pillow. They would like that.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Klymit Static V
    Suspension
    Custom Readystrap
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Get yerself a real cheap lightweight 1 man tent with a screen door and put them in it next to you. you'll need to protect them from the Mos-Quit O's too or else they will get heart worm. Just find something really cheap and small at wal*mart or somewhere. Also; give them your pillow. They would like that.
    What if you could score one of those display model tents you sometimes see. You know the ones i mean.. might work perfect for a smaller dog.

Images
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lucky-Dog...5#.UkOLuD83npc
    for camping, but maybe not backpacking.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast