HH ultra lite or GT nano
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, WB top
    Suspension
    whoopie sling

UQ questions

I have had my WB yeti for about a year and a half now. Only recently have I started 2 use it. And I have used it a lot, 10-15 times in the past couple of months. Anyways what I am wondering is that if anyone else has had an issue with the down filling coming out. Its not a lot but there are definitely feathers all over the place when I wake up in the morning or after I pull it out of the stuff sack. Looks almost like a duck was set loose on my clothes and sometimes there will be feathers in my bug netting. I am exaggerating a little but there really are feathers all over the place. I clean them off everything but they will be there in the morning again. All I am wondering is that if this is normal. And if its normal how many hangs will I get out of a very expensive piece of gear. I am really hoping others have this issue, and that the loss is so minimal that it will take years to notice. Oh and just to add I never leave it packed up for more than 24 hrs. when its not in my pack in the provided stuff sack, it is spread out on the guest bed along with my very expensive WB top quilt. I guess I should have mentioned that it is both of my WB quilts that are TAR and FEATHERING in the night.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    May be a silly question but have you looked over it thoroughly to ensure no rips in fabric or no seems have come apart?
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Are feathers with quils coming out of the quilt or actual clumps of down with NO quils coming out. If quiled feathers are poking through the fabric that's pretty normal but if its actual clumps of down then Houston their may be a problem..loosing a couple feathers here a d their is normal but it shouldent look like goose hunting season around camp in the morning either
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    HH ultra lite or GT nano
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, WB top
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    yes definitely looked it over and there are no holes. I spent a bunch of money on them and I baby the crap out of these things. I just find feathers sticking out of the material sometimes. All over it in random spots never really the same area and its usually the quill (pointy part) just poking right through the fabric. I will pick the feather out and inspect, and I can never even see the hole that particular feather came from.

Im wondering if there is such a thing as down leakage or something like that.

Hammock
    HH ultra lite or GT nano
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, WB top
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I was typin as u were apparently. and that makes me feel a lot better then. id guess at the rate of the amount feathers I see vs usage of the quilt it would take a very long time to really notice a difference.

And is this like a settlement period that will eventually stop or is this to be expected for the life of the quilt?

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    So I'll try and explain. In every batch of down your always going to get a mixture of quiled feathers and clumps of down. The higher the fill power the less quiled feathers one will have. If you have ever bought a cheap down pillow you will notice lots of quils poking you in comparison to am expensive one consisting of actual down clumps. As long as your not loosing clumps of down loosing the feathers are not really that big a deal IMHO its just comes with the territory. J would not pull them out and actually I try to pull them back inside and yes this will probably always happen throughout the life of the quilt.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts