Heading out tomorrow (Thursday) to hang for a night in a nearby state rec area (developed campground)

The forecast is 40% chance of rain showers, low in the 40s, high in the high 50s. Winds 6 - 8 mph from the SSW Thurs afternoon swinging to the north by Friday morning. It will make picking a spot ... interesting.

I'm trying out pads this time: a thin but very large one from Oware and a couple of the wider, thicker blue waffle Walmart pads. I'm hoping the Oware pad + my homemade polypro underquilt will be the winner. Or even a Frankensteined collection of chopped up blue pads. I have duct tape, a sharpie, and some scissors. Watch out!

Also trying out my new Maccat deluxe instead of a homemade silnyl rectangle tarp.

One thing I plan to do while hanging out is to measure my setup for a bug net. It's going to be sock-style since I don't want to fool around with zippers or velcro.

And the dog. She has tented with me but never hammocked.
Will she get in the hammock? Will she stay on the ground? Will I get busted by the rangers for having a dog not "confined in a tent or vehicle at night"? Will she be so cold and miserable that we end up sleeping in the car? Burning questions all.
I'm planning on pitching a poncho under one end of the tarp as a lean to and sticking a dog-sized fragment of blue pad in there. I'm going to use the ridgeline of my hammock as an aerial anchor for a dog tie-out. If I arrange things right, the dog will not be able to wrap herself and the tieout around any trees or stakes and she'll be able to wriggle into the shelter if she feels like it.

I'll let you know Friday how all this turned out.