Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I view the undercover as a compromise between the two. It doesn't quite feel like a pad, but it doesn't give off warmth like the uqs do IMO. I'm still young in my SS training (doesn't sound right coming from a kid raised in a synagogue does it ), so I'm sure I have more to learn to get it tweeked to my liking. Even then, I don't see how it could ever be as comfortable as an underquilt. I can see it being as effective, just not as comfy.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    It's too bad the Warbonnet synthetic torso underquilt is no longer available. I can use it in the summer with a single layer of insulation, then in the fall just unzip it and quilt another layer of insulation in. I haven't had to use a third layer yet. It also has a really drapy material on the bottom, that seems to block the wind before it reaches the inner insulation layer. It doesn't get that cold in southern Missouri though, so I don't know how a torso UQ would work out in NH.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Boghog1 View Post
    There seems to be an increase in the underquilts that are available for hammocks now. TIA
    dont forget the mikeinfhaz quilt, as seen here: $200 shipped
    2" baffles, overstuffed for 3" loft using 7oz of 800+ down
    42x52"
    blue on grey or blue on kelly green
    i make these as order comes in, payment made first, then a week later you get a quilt. mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    It's too bad the Warbonnet synthetic torso underquilt is no longer available. I can use it in the summer with a single layer of insulation, then in the fall just unzip it and quilt another layer of insulation in. I haven't had to use a third layer yet. It also has a really drapy material on the bottom, that seems to block the wind before it reaches the inner insulation layer. It doesn't get that cold in southern Missouri though, so I don't know how a torso UQ would work out in NH.
    the ability to add/remove insulation was truly unique on the older Yeti model
    As far as the current Yeti version, I have the winter version and I have used it alone at 3*F (pad under feet) no problem. Of course, that would make it too warm for summer use. best UQ I own
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    Just so you know. The price on kickassquilts.com isn't $120. It's $180.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    I am working out the final details on a gathered end hammock underquilt. I have sent one test model off for evaluation. I tested it here on a Speer and a Claytor Jungle Hammock and it worked pretty well. The good news is the cost will be $120 for the regular (up to 6' tall) and $130 for the tall (6'+), shipping is not included. The regular model weighed in right at 1 lb 14 ounces but actual weight will vary an ounce or 2 either way due to differences in the insulation.

I hope to have these on the website for ordering within 2 weeks.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7969

He just broke the news about it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    the ability to add/remove insulation was truly unique on the older Yeti model
    As far as the current Yeti version, I have the winter version and I have used it alone at 3*F (pad under feet) no problem. Of course, that would make it too warm for summer use. best UQ I own
    i don't know about the winter yeti in summer, but maybe, sliding it up toward the head end a little should open a giant gap between the uq and hammock which should vent pretty darn well, if you get cool, just reach over the edge of the hammock and slide it back to it's snug position.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I think the Winter Yeti is going to be too warm, even vented, for summer use. The thing is ridiculously warm. I think you'd be adjusting all night long between cold and "did someone turn the oven on?". Maybe for a cold sleeper it could work, but I don't think I could do it comfortably.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I think the Winter Yeti is going to be too warm, even vented, for summer use. The thing is ridiculously warm. I think you'd be adjusting all night long between cold and "did someone turn the oven on?". Maybe for a cold sleeper it could work, but I don't think I could do it comfortably.
    Plus, I can stay comfy in the summer months for alot less weight (not that the winter Yeti is heavy...just heavier)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    dont forget the mikeinfhaz quilt, as seen here: $200 shipped
    2" baffles, overstuffed for 3" loft using 7oz of 800+ down
    42x52"
    blue on grey or blue on kelly green
    i make these as order comes in, payment made first, then a week later you get a quilt. mike
    what up mike? i use a hh safari all stock i have 2 questions first do you sew these with the hh entry? second is i know that you specify the colors you have but figured i would ask about camo or od grean even brown

I have a kaq custom made for my claytor. It is her warm and was about $150. Mine is overstuffed and the only downside is packed size is a little big. But I prefer that to being cold.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast