Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself right quick. I'm not sure whether I'll be a super active poster but I've been a bit of a lurker for a while and stop in from time to time to see what I can learn.

I'm what I'd define as a "hammock camper with shaken faith". By that I mean I used to swear by it. I spent some years in the infantry and carried my hammock everywhere. I loved it and slept like a baby. Fast forward a few (20) years and things have changed.

I haven't been a hammock camper since then and when I decided to get back into it I have found that I simply don't sleep. One reason I believe is because I like to "spin" while I sleep. I don't roll anymore because the mrs believes she has to sleep in the middle of the bed so I'm left with a sliver I simply spin on, much like a log. lol That doesn't transfer well to a hammock, however.

Right now I've got a couple of cheap grand mesa hammocks that I've used in my attempts to get back off the ground and would be willing to upgrade if I thought it would be worth it. The mrs has a Lawson Blue Ridge that she likes but I'm just not feeling it, for whatever reason. Probably because I don't want her to be right about something. lol

Anyway, that's why I'm here. Looking for people with similar habits and styles of sleeping and (hopefully) gleaning information from them about what works and doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for anything I learn here.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Welcome to the forums. If somebody has an answer for you, it will be on these forums.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Welcome to the forums. If somebody has an answer for you, it will be on these forums.

Thanks granny pat. I'm hopeful because I know there has to be a solution out there. I just have to find it or at least the person who has it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Welcome to the site, I'm glad you are here. Some of the more seasoned folks will step in here in a minute and give some advice I am sure. In the meantime check out Shugs videos and read, read and read.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    D.I.Y. Backwoods Dreamer
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. Hex tarp
    Insulation
    My WOOBIE
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    Welcome from Az.
    Yea! around here they do the difficult immediately,
    The impossible takes just a little longer.
    Learn, Do, Hang.

ONT

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Welcome to the forums dude!

Fronkey

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Welcome! I slept similar to what you describe, when I slept on a mattress. I now sleep in a large DIY hammock every night. I often sleep all night in the same position, because I now sleep very deeply. However, if I'm restless, I can roll over and sleep in lots of different positions, including side, fetal, etc, because the hammock is so large, and I can get quite diagonal. I camp in a WBBB, and while it is much smaller than my DIY, I can still get in lots of different positions. You might want to try a larger hammock, this will allow you to lay at more of an angle, which will flatten the hammock and allow you to get comfortable in more positions. Keep in mind there is a 'learning curve' to sleeping on a more 3-D surface. All the best!
    Last edited by Duffy; 10-12-2013 at 05:24.
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    Greetings from Mass!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    You may want to consider a bridge style hammock which may lend itself to log rolling.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images

Re: Hello

Yup. I spin in a bridge most nights now- even at home
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast