Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    This is right directly in my back door! I yet to have my hammock set up but am available and will be available for any assistance yall need in getting this put together. I have both trail guides, even though they are poorly put together in my opinion (well, poor compaired to others I have used and read on other trails). The large loop around Garden of the Gods is good. A good itinerary IMO is making a loop from GOG going to the east across the main road, there are 3 or 4 trails that can be put together to form a loop which takes you to 3 different arches, and ends up 1/4 mile from the main parking area, then head off down the R2R towards Herod, theres good campsites about halfway as well as good overlooks. If you cant find your guides let me know and I will make copies for ya covering the sections of the R2R your gonna be covering.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Just got back from a business trip and drove home in snow; woke up this morning to at least 7-8" on the ground. Not sure if it's like this in Il, but I wish we were out there today!!! It's beautiful. Decided to work from home because the roads are so bad. Really looking forward to next week, the fellowship, a new location and a bit of new gear...it really doesn't get any better than that!!

Gideon
    Last edited by Gideon; 12-06-2013 at 11:07.

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    What new gear?
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    New trekking poles, new pack, new UQ/TQ, and I re-did my cook kit, building it around an Evernew non-stick titanium 600ml pot. Theory is to be able to actually cook some meals. The new UQ/TQ are rated to 20 so whether-or-not they show depends on the temps. The pack is a Gossamer Gear G4; I've been looking for an ultralight pack for winter when I'm packing bulky TQ and UQ's. Otherwise I use my murmur. I have some new shoes but that'll depend on the weather as well.

Looking forward to the trip, you guys are a great bunch and I'm really excited to meet a new forum member and to see Campalot again. I have another business trip this coming week so our hike is really something I'm looking forward to!

Gideon

Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Snowy

Seen on the weather channel site that Harrisburg Ill got about 16 inches of snow . Guess we won't need our hammocks , we can just build igloos .

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    New trekking poles, new pack, new UQ/TQ, and I re-did my cook kit, building it around an Evernew non-stick titanium 600ml pot. Theory is to be able to actually cook some meals. The new UQ/TQ are rated to 20 so whether-or-not they show depends on the temps. The pack is a Gossamer Gear G4; I've been looking for an ultralight pack for winter when I'm packing bulky TQ and UQ's. Otherwise I use my murmur. I have some new shoes but that'll depend on the weather as well.

Looking forward to the trip, you guys are a great bunch and I'm really excited to meet a new forum member and to see Campalot again. I have another business trip this coming week so our hike is really something I'm looking forward to!

Gideon
    Santa came early!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DH Darien, WL SNIPE
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock
    Suspension
    WS
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Seen on the weather channel site that Harrisburg Ill got about 16 inches of snow . Guess we won't need our hammocks , we can just build igloos .
    I saw that !! Crazy.
    I live 5 hours north.. NOTHING here.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WL SNIPE
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock
    Suspension
    WS
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    Santa came early!
    I have that PACK, its great.

Hammock
    DH Darien, WL SNIPE
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock
    Suspension
    WS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

Gideon
    I have that Pack, its great

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Good to know you like the G4, I'm hoping it won't be too big. I really like the Murmur but when you stuff full lenght quilts rated for zero into it, well...it can get a bit too tight.

The weather sure was crazy; I spend all afternoon shoveling out my small driveway. This morning I feel liked I hiked 35 miles yesterday

Gideon

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast