Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images

Talking Just ordered my Clark NA...

So today is my 23rd birthday and my parents got me a Clark Hammock! They offered to get me something nice since I am also graduating from VaTech. I had been reading up on hammock camping for about 2 weeks and decided after much debate to go with the Clark NA w/ XL Rain fly and Tree straps. I'm excited to get it because I'm going on a 4 day camping trip next weekend and I'd love to be able to use it for the trip.

This is my first time posting here but I've been reading all the valuable information for almost 2 weeks. You guys have a great community here and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post
    So today is my 23rd birthday and my parents got me a Clark Hammock! They offered to get me something nice since I am also graduating from VaTech. I had been reading up on hammock camping for about 2 weeks and decided after much debate to go with the Clark NA w/ XL Rain fly and Tree straps. I'm excited to get it because I'm going on a 4 day camping trip next weekend and I'd love to be able to use it for the trip.

This is my first time posting here but I've been reading all the valuable information for almost 2 weeks. You guys have a great community here and I can't wait to be a part of it!
    happy birthday and hanging to youneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Yes yes, Happy Birthday, congrats on your new hammock, and welcome to the forum!
    The Clark NA is a pretty solid hammock. Little small for my taste, but certainly well built and very functional. I think you'll be quite pleased.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post

Congrats to you and happy birthday! I too ordered my first hammock yesterday the clark NA, XL rainfly, and tree straps Exciting times! Mr. UPS man is set to arrive on monday, I have tuesday off, I've got RAWs pocket quilts to test and we're expecting snow on monday. Life is good

...and yes, I'm new to the forum as well. Great bunch of people on here.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    Congrats to you and happy birthday! I too ordered my first hammock yesterday the clark NA, XL rainfly, and tree straps Exciting times! Mr. UPS man is set to arrive on monday, I have tuesday off, I've got RAWs pocket quilts to test and we're expecting snow on monday. Life is good

...and yes, I'm new to the forum as well. Great bunch of people on here.
    welcome to hammock forumsneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Congrats two the both of you on your ordering of the Clarks I don't think you will be dissatisfied I might be wrong and have been before but I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do mine.

And Happy Birthday and welcome to the group.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Yes yes, Happy Birthday, congrats on your new hammock, and welcome to the forum!
    The Clark NA is a pretty solid hammock. Little small for my taste, but certainly well built and very functional. I think you'll be quite pleased.
    Thanks, I've heard it is a little bit skinnier than other hammocks out there but I don't think it will be a problem for me. I'm 6' with an athletic build so we'll see

Thanks for the warm welcome and birthday wishes everyone!

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Welcome & HaPpY BiRtHdAy to each of you!

The Clark line seems to be well liked so I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Set everything up close to home BEFORE you head for the trails. Sleep overnight in your hammock in the backyard if at all possible, make adjustments, play with your insulation, tarp pitch, etc. Once you have everything dialed in, take it all down, pack it up, move to a new location (even if it's only 10' away) and set it up again. See if you can get the same or better level of comfort quickly. If not, figure out why and what might help speed things up and make the hang comfort repeatable in the future. Come back to the forums for advice and answers. Then go camping and be amazed at how much better it is sleeping in the air! But don't taunt the ground dwellers... too much!

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Welcome & HaPpY BiRtHdAy to each of you!

The Clark line seems to be well liked so I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Set everything up close to home BEFORE you head for the trails. Sleep overnight in your hammock in the backyard if at all possible, make adjustments, play with your insulation, tarp pitch, etc. Once you have everything dialed in, take it all down, pack it up, move to a new location (even if it's only 10' away) and set it up again. See if you can get the same or better level of comfort quickly. If not, figure out why and what might help speed things up and make the hang comfort repeatable in the future. Come back to the forums for advice and answers. Then go camping and be amazed at how much better it is sleeping in the air! But don't taunt the ground dwellers... too much!
    Those are great points JayS

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    NX-200
    Insulation
    8oz. Liner
    Hey, I live in Christiansburg, VA What a small world huh! Hope you enjoy your NA. I just got the NX-200 last week and its great so far. If you are going on a trip somewhere local, please fill me in. I don't know of any signifcant hiking trails in the NRV where you could hike for 4 days(unless you are just camping at a campground or something). Closest place I know is Mt. Rogers.

ms

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast