Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    Hey, CR.......I might be able to do a Sat nite hang. I can't finalize until mid-afternoon tomorrow, unfortunately. I'll post as soon as I know for sure.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Hey Peeps - lots of great info on here, you've all been busy as usual! Country Roads sent me the happy news that her insulation system is working like a charm, and I'm happy to read that CR and Barrett made it out last weekend - I was swimming in Hammock Envy

I would LOVE to do this weekend, but this one and next one are out due to work obligations - believe me, I ain't complainin' - and my new schedule/organize-my-life system are keeping me very busy (too busy to forum as much as I'd like)... but it won't be too long before my incubator is on it's way and I am very very very hopeful that some forum folk will come hang while I test it out when the magic day arrives! Maybe the first or second December weekend?

It would be nice to try some new spots... I'll start asking around for camp-friendly Western MA sites!

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Hey Tri-pod, so looks like it's just you and I. I'm thinking maybe we should try another weekend. I might be able to hang next Friday night but then I won't have any weekends until December. So let me know what you think.

Guitar, Barrett, Cosmic, no worries. I do have a lot to do this weekend. Big paper due Sunday night so it's probably better if I don't camp. But tri-pod if you really wanted to go I could always be convinced otherwise!

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Alright guys... two new suggestions coming in. Maybe Barrett can google map these with his sophisticated techmology?

Tulley Trail in Royalston MA
    Mt. Orient in... somewhere?

I've done some disc golf in Royalston and bet that'd be a great place to hang. The folks who gave these suggestions say they are camper friendly!

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Good info in that link Cosmic. I hadn't thought about any of those spots...

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
    Hey Tri-pod, so looks like it's just you and I. I'm thinking maybe we should try another weekend. I might be able to hang next Friday night but then I won't have any weekends until December. So let me know what you think.

Guitar, Barrett, Cosmic, no worries. I do have a lot to do this weekend. Big paper due Sunday night so it's probably better if I don't camp. But tri-pod if you really wanted to go I could always be convinced otherwise!
    CR: No problem putting it off on Sat. Going to a wedding that morning, so it'll be easy to continue the party instead of bailing out at 3 or 4. We'll see what next month brings. Peace.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Cosmic,

Nice to hear from you. Glad your well and glad you're getting the work to get closer to that Incubator. I can tell you that after last week-end, Country and I both survived a mega windy night and wind chills that dipped sub-20's. The wind sounded like a freight train bowling through the trees. It was pretty cool.

When the time comes, I'm sure Country and I and a few others will be ready to hang with you on the maiden launch of your Incubator.

Tri-Pod, We'll be sure to let you know when we're going to do a early to mid-December hang. Hopefully you'll be able to join us. We'll call it a shake down hang pre-Nor'Easter.

Regarding spots to hang............ NH has a spot in Chesterfield that he said might work. I need to follow-up with Tim and see if he and I can hook up in the next two or three weeks to check it out. Country and I know that if all else fails, we can go to DAR State Forest to the Group area. There is no lack of trees and we had the place to ourselves. Cosmic, I'll check out some of the areas that you pointed out and see what I can come up with. (I have your trekking poles put aside, so when I see you, they're yours.)

GG76 - Frank, I'm glad to hear that the project is coming to an end so that you can get some new found freedom on the week-ends. By now your XLC has to be whining out loud like a kid crying for attention.

Happy trails to all. Hope to see all of you out there soon.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Work Weekends: 1 down, 2 to go. Tomorrow I work for an agency that pays handsomly for some of my favorite work ever - INCUBATOR... HERE I COME!

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Country, Cosmic, Tri-Pod, GG76, NH,

Thanks to NightHauk (Tim), I was able to get my Forum Moniker changed to a more appropriate Forum type name. Much appreciate Tim's efforts on my behalf. He's a stand up guy and we're luck to have him on the Forum.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast