Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Sounds like we'll all have to hit Greylock in the spring! Cosmic hammock camped on top of and around Greylock last summer.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    I would really love to organize a 3-4 day hike that ended at Mt. Greylock's summit, with a car parked ahead of time (they have a lot up there). We could do some of AT and then end with a meal at the Greylock restaurant. Possibly spring?

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    I'd be up for that!! Kind of a nice way to kick it up before my June SOBO AT thru attempt.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Sweet Bob (and EVERYONE!!!)- come spring let's make it happen!

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Insulation
    Down Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    Just a quick reminder that our little Lithia Springs hang is THIS WEEKEND (11/1-11/2-3)

I'll be headed to Lithia right after work on Friday, probably arriving at our camp site around 6:00PM. Hopefully CountryRoads (who I bet will chime in here soon!) can get there even earlier. I will be hanging for one night and enjoying day hiking throughout Saturday. I've got a work commitment from 7:30-10:00PM on Saturday Night, but if you all are continuing the hang I will absolutely come back and enjoy a second night - and I'll be excited to operate by headlamp!

A thought - should I make a new thread titled "Western MA Mini Hang > Lithia Springs > 11/1 - 11/3" so that folks who haven't gotten through all five pages of this thread but are still interested can get in on the fun?

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Hey Cosmic and guitar,
    I'm working until 2 on Friday and will head out shortly after that. Probably be there around 3 and probably get down to the reservoir around 3:30. Guitar you might beat both of us. Let me know what time you think you'll be getting there and we can plan a place to meet.

Cosmic and I were thinking of hanging in a different spot than usual where we'd be able to build a fire, which we've never done there. I'm bringing a saw so we should be good for firewood.

We could start another thread but so far it's only myself, cosmic and guitar I think, so we could keep the rest of the logistics to PMs. If there's anyone else interested just let us know. I'm psyched to try out some winter gear. It's been getting into the low 30's at night so this will be a good winter trial. We'll ease our way into the winter hang...

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Hike In from Gagne Store Parking Lot

Hi Western Ma Forum Mates.....

File this under Old Dog, New Trick.

I went to Google Earth and plotted out the approximate path from the rear of Gagne's Store Parking Lot, assuming Gagne will let us park there, down Lithia Springs Road, to the end, through the gate and to the approximate site of the Sourthern side of the Reservoir. The distance measures out to 1.11 miles in case GuitarGeek was wondering.

If you follow this link: (cut and past into your browser) it should take you to the Google Earth Community Forums Site. You'll see my post and down below on the left of the screen you should see and option to View. If you click on View, it should take you to a Google Earth Sat Map View of the hike from the rear of Gagne's Store Parking Lot to the Reservoir (Southern side.)

http://productforums.google.com/foru...ns/snPOO6Ez7fQ

Try that and see how you make out.

As an alternate route, I also virtually parked just off of Rte 116 where the Power Line Path runs across Route 116. I virtually hiked in from there to the same spot at the Reservoir, give or take. The distance here is 1.73 miles.

I did the alternate measurement based on the theory that the people that live along Lithia Springs Road are going to start seeing a bunch of Aliens hiking down their street (albeit may 3 or 4 so far), and that might be enough for them to give the Police a call and point out the fact that people are coming down their street with Packs on their back and disappearing down towards the Reservoir.

Unfortunately in today's world, there is a hypervigilance with regard to public water sources, public transportation, etc...... I did the alternate route in the event that we want to be somewhat more discrete.

Given that its Archery Deer Season, the Police are pretty used to cars being parked on the sides of roads like 116 and left for inordinate periods of time.

In any event, if you want to see what the hike would look like, paste in the link and then select view and you should have it.

Let me know if it works.

Gonna try my best to get out there at least one night of the Two this week-end.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    If my 0* Incubator arrives by Thursday, I'd be able to hang on Friday nite. Committed elsewhere for Saturday day/nite. C'mon.... new UQ!!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Barrettgajr, you really did your research. I'll check it out. Thanks, and I called Gagne's today a few times; got a busy signal the first couple, then no answer. I'll try again tomorrow. Cosmic and I have been spotted by plenty of cars walking with our packs down to the reservoir...no one's said anything yet... So I assume you hiked all the way around. What did you think of the place?

I will probably only hang Friday night but I can stay all day Saturday.

Bob, I hope you get your Incubator! We'll get a lot of wind next to the water...brrrrr

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast