Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    I did! I won some camo tree straps, and these cool "Swiss Army Knife"-style utensils.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Great Spot

Thanks Cosmic. Thanks Country

Won't be able to make this week-end unfortunately, but I'll start clearing the calendar for future hangs.

I am going to get out to Lithia Springs Reservoir over the next week and check it out.

Regarding whether or not we're supposed to be there or not, I'd guess if we ask someone at Town Hall, they'd say no. If, on the other hand, its not posted, (No Trespassing, etc....), then the better option is not to ask, but to respectfully leave the place better than it was when we got there. That way no one has any beef. A few pictures of trash strewn all over and then a few pictures after we cleaned up could go a long way towards explaining ourselves if ever challenged. Just sayin'.

Remember............. Deny everything, Admit Nothing, Suspect Everyone !

What a hoot. Hope you guys have a great time this week-end. GuitarGeek, welcome to Massachusetts. Hope you have a blast.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Another Location Option......

Western Mass'ers

I have spent a fair amount of time in the Mt. Greylock area (Lanesborough, Ma), as well as October Mountain, Washington Mountain, (Lee, Ma), etc..... In fact, over the weekend of October 11th, I took my Golden Retriever Charlie up to October Mountain, (Car camped at the State Forest Campground), and we spent a great day on Saturday, exploring some of the trails around October Mountain, Washington Mountain, etc...... There are some really great areas up there for a group type of hang. Mt. Greylock also has some good spots including the primitive camping area which has several "group camping" designated areas. One of the premo areas is at Stony Ledge for any of you who have been up there.

Anyway, I'm going to get a little more info and post it here once I get it into coherent form. It takes me about 47 minutes from Chicopee to get up there. Not much further from Amherst, South Hadley, NoHo, Chesterfield, NY (GuitarGeek), etc....... I'll see what I can muster up for info.

Would insert a few pics here, but I don't quite know how.

Cheers !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Thanks barrettgajr! I was up there for the NEHHA Fall Hang, and loved it! Living in one of the 5 boroughs, I need to drive at least 90 minutes to get to decent hiking and camping anyway. What's another hour, when it means hanging with cool people in great places?

Frank

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Yeah barrettga, there is nothing at all posted saying no camping or fishing at Lithia. There is a sign at the entrance saying no parking after dusk. So good plan. And thanks for posting some spots. There is a picture of the sweetest hang spot at Lithia Springs posted on the NEHHA winter planning thread. Probably page 18 or 19 maybe 20...I didn't post that one on this thread. Who am I kidding? I didn't post any of them...I have the same problem you have with pictures, though I haven't messed with it too much. Perrito posted how to do it in the NEHHA winter planning thread also. Have fun out there and perhaps if you go Friday afternoon we will run into you!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    If you guys haven't done part of the Southern section of AT in Mass. There are some good spots there, Sage Ravine, Hemlock Shelter, and a few others.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WBBB / WWM
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing & whoops..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    If you guys haven't done part of the Southern section of AT in Mass. There are some good spots there, Sage Ravine, Hemlock Shelter, and a few others.

Headed that way weekend of 11/2.

GG

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    Just got back on Wed. from a hike that had some great potential hanging locations. I did a slow 9 day stroll from Mt. Monadnock to Lake Wyola in Shutesbury on the NET & will go through my notes to add some site ideas. Right off the top of my head is an area in Wendell State Forest near Ruggles Pond & the shelter on the NET. Although, I'm not sure of the overnight parking rules at Ruggles. PS: +1 on Mt. Toby!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    DIY 10' Hexon gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon 10'x12
    Insulation
    DIY down Argon UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    NH, I tried to organize a trip on the AT up and over Greylock this past summer but a couple people ended up backing out and it all kind of fell through. I should try to get out there in the spring.

Tri-pod, that sounds awesome, there are probably tons of great spots up in the hill towns around the Pioneer Valley...I've lived around here for a while but haven't done enough exploring!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

Western Massachusetts Hang spots

Quote Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
    NH, I tried to organize a trip on the AT up and over Greylock this past summer but a couple people ended up backing out and it all kind of fell through. I should try to get out there in the spring.

Tri-pod, that sounds awesome, there are probably tons of great spots up in the hill towns around the Pioneer Valley...I've lived around here for a while but haven't done enough exploring!
    Let me know when you are headed back up to Greylock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast