WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Crabtree Falls 2013

I just got back this evening from my annual trip to Crabtree Falls in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains here in Va. Every year for the past three years some guys from work, me and our families reserve some spots at Crabtree Falls Campground for the weekend, usually the third week of October.

I had my hammock with me but because my wife and child are still in a tent I figured I would stay in the tent as well. My daughter loves the hammock but lack of funds now does not allow me to buy her the proper gear for the cold temperatures. The rest of the group, about 10 people, were all in tents.

I could not help but notice a gorgeous spot for a hammock just under our tent right on the Tye River. I talked to the wife Friday after I set the Big Agnes Big House 4 up and she said go for it, so I did.

I hope the pictures are in order, if not I guess you can see what I am talking about.

Friday night I stayed in the tent with the family, and man it killed me knowing that my WBRR was just down the bank.

Saturday we hiked up the falls and then back down. We retired back to the camp site for a nice fire and some great food, some beverages as well. I talked to the wife again about my hammock and she said, "sleep there tonight, it's cool, I'm tired anyway". So I did.

It got down to 37 degrees and I was in a pair of underwear and actually warm. I have the WBRR, Spindrift, BA Inflatable pad, Lynx full UQ 20 degree, and my 15 degree bag from BA, I used it as a TQ.

It was an awesome trip and an awesome spot. Next years trip was reserved today when we pulled out, I bet there are a few more hammocks in my group in 12 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fiveonomo; 10-20-2013 at 18:10. Reason: Spelling
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Sorry guys, I can't figure out how to so multiple pictures. This is the view looking up at our tent.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    And me this morning, what a great spot!

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Looks like a great trip. Thanks for posting another good spot!
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Hammocking or tenting....camping beside tumbling waters is always a good thing.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    My church youth group took us camping there each summer!!! I have often mentioned Crabtree Falls and no one else ever knew where I was talking about! I would love to go back there again. We always camped right on the river. One year, it poured all weekend...the seven year mountain cleansing rain! Our tent was flooded. Everything we had was soaked through. There were probably 40 of us in all. Some of the teenage boys slept on the bus. If I went now, I'd hammock camp...and stay nice and dry! Thanks for the walk down memory lane and the pics! Looks like you had a good time!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 CAMO
    Tarp
    Superfly CAMO
    Insulation
    YETI CAMO
    Looks real nice, especially that hammock by the river!! Talk about some good sleeping music!!

• + New Posts