DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies

Fall 2013 Stokes State Forest Oct 18-20

Just to get this thread started, what a great hang! Jolly Green threw out the idea of a hang-together for those that the Fall MAHHA was too far for and Knotty ran with it! Huge THANK YOU to Knotty for all the prep and planning, and everyone else who pitched in to make this an awesome hang!!

The setting was amazing with tons of trees, beautiful stream, hiking trails, great weather and a great mix of outdoor lovers. Not sure of the hanger numbers but somewhere in the mid 20's, made up of a diverse group of HF members; an intimate but festive group. We howled at the moon (which was unfortunately not showing at that time - with about an hour or so of rain sat night) in tribute and fellowship of our friends hanging in WV.

The food was incomparable, the best I have had on a camp out bar none! Meat cooking over the fire, dutch oven casseroles (thanks Demeter!) for breakfast dinner and dessert, sloppy joes, quinoa.. the list goes on and on.

My wife, Jane's 2nd hang and she did not disappoint with a new 13 hr record in the hammock Friday night! She has earned the new trail name Nyquil.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite, BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    The food was incomparable, the best I have had on a camp out bar none! Meat cooking over the fire, dutch oven casseroles (thanks Demeter!) for breakfast dinner and dessert, sloppy joes, quinoa.. the list goes on and on.

My wife, Jane's 2nd hang and she did not disappoint with a new 13 hr record in the hammock Friday night! She has earned the new trail name Nyquil.
    Thanks for the shout-out Suede! I had an awesome time, too! So nice meeting you and all the nice folks there. I am really glad Jolly Green and Knotty put this together!

Can't wait for April..
    Demeter's Video Channel

Demeter's Blog

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    What a great site, a quality hang with quality people. Suede my wife is also capable of dosing for extraordinary lengths of time in her WBBB, going to try and convince her to come out to the next area hang (although prob not until Spring due to lack of winter gear for her). Glad Nyquil had a good time!

Sorry I missed the hike but will be sure to be on the next one!
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

• + New Posts