WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images

How Do You Hang Your Super Fly

Quote Originally Posted by hawghangar View Post
    I use this single line on both of my tarps. easy setup. easy to center.

http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Single...-Line-TRL1.htm
    This is the same rig I'm using.

interested in this as well as I just got a superfly for winter hoping to try it out this week

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by scottxpc View Post
    interested in this as well as I just got a superfly for winter hoping to try it out this week
    I bet you're going to love it!

Take it easy,
    Bob

Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Not sure, I understand the set up.

My SF, has eyelets on both ends. From that, I tied a 550 cord on each side. with that, no cord goes under the tarp. Other then the ridgeline from the hammock.

should i be running additional Line under the entire length of the SF tarp?. My thinking is, the way SF is made, the Seam is reinforced to hold the tension of the line on both ends.

Dunno.. what is right or wrong.. It did keep me dry under stormy rains & 35 Mph Winds. With no Tree branch darts coming through.
    " Taking the gun off safety increases the velocity by 100% "

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Chug View Post
    Not sure, I understand the set up.

My SF, has eyelets on both ends. From that, I tied a 550 cord on each side. with that, no cord goes under the tarp. Other then the ridgeline from the hammock.

should i be running additional Line under the entire length of the SF tarp?. My thinking is, the way SF is made, the Seam is reinforced to hold the tension of the line on both ends.

Dunno.. what is right or wrong.. It did keep me dry under stormy rains & 35 Mph Winds. With no Tree branch darts coming through.
    That's the way I do it, just not with 550. I use lash-it and stingerz. Some folks run a line over or under the tarp but Warbonnet says the tarp is meant for two lines off the rings.
    Brady

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    MMSS + sleep pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Two separate 12' lines (zing-it) with DutchWare Gear for hardware (hooks, and stingerz). Being that I'm not an ultralight guy... I also carry a 30' line as well, that I can use if needed. Before I got my SF, I used a single line for the ridgeline. I honestly haven't missed it.

IMAG0180.jpg

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY KAQ down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    @Chug, You gotta get rid of the 550 paracord. It's bulky, soaks up a ton of water, and it stretches. There is wisdom in the other posters words about the zing it and lash it, the stuff is light and strong. You can really crank on it to get that picture perfect ridge line, no continuous ridgeline needed. The CRL is actually advised against by Brandon of Warnonnet in other posts.

The superfly is a beast and she's built to sustain a lot of tension on the ridgeline. If you got a few bucks, get some Dutch bling for your tarp. Snakeskins or the like are invaluable for keeping that monster in check while you string it up.

I'm using the two line system with Dutch flyz and zing-it. There's never a problem centering my tarp on the two line system because I put the tarp up first, then hang and center the hammock under the tarp.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Currently using the 2 line system with Stingerz. I find with the size of the SF, it is usually 'close enough' on the first try. But thinking about switching to fleeze

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Currently using the 2 line system with Stingerz. I find with the size of the SF, it is usually 'close enough' on the first try. But thinking about switching to fleeze
    Ditto. Before, I would pride myself for using only knots on my entire setup without any hardware. Curiosity got the better of me, and now I'm kind of "hooked on dutchware".

The setup is so much faster with stingerz. I just ordered another pair of stingerz for my HH monsoon.

I use the two line method as well. I tried continuous ridgelines for a bit, but I just don't see any benefit to it.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    EZbreezy - can you say a little more about Brandon's concerns. I think I read them before and they seemed more pointed toward a CRL UNDER that tarp rather than over it. I'd imagine if you go over the tarp, how does the tarp know the difference? If you have a line providing tension on both D-rings at the ends, it seems it don't make no never mind how the tension gets there - either a single line around each tree or one long line spanning the trees. The problems with under the tarp - if the ridge line has a catenary cut - I understand. What were some objections to over the ridge line setups?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast