WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

Warbonnet returns?

Got a very very nice product in the mail a few weeks back. A sweeeeet Yeti. But after six hours it is clear I'm all for less fiddle (with pads to cover lower legs and feet) even at the cost of about ten oz. weight. Haven't heard from Brandon regarding my return question (though I can always sell it in the for sale forum for pretty good return), but thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows what the return story is, if any.

Anyone know?
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    I don't quickly find return info on the Warbonnet site, but I know when the Ridge Runner hammock came out about a year back, Brandon was promoting a liberal 60 day return policy.

I'm sure he will work with you to your satisfaction.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.1 dl, Traveler
    Tarp
    wb mamajamba
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    strap
    I would send Brannon an email.
    He has always been quick to respond and easy to work with.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    I emailed a few days ago. But thanks to these comments I'm not worried, he'll get back to me.
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    I'm pretty sure he still has that return policy. You might give the uq another shot or two just to see if you get used to it.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrprince View Post
    I'm pretty sure he still has that return policy. You might give the uq another shot or two just to see if you get used to it.
    The six hours I've used the Yeti involved trying three different pad configurations. Turned out the only way to get coverage for my various sleeping positions, leg wise, was to use so much pad it would be lighter to use a full-length UQ. . . .
    //

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cinema View Post
    The six hours I've used the Yeti involved trying three different pad configurations. Turned out the only way to get coverage for my various sleeping positions, leg wise, was to use so much pad it would be lighter to use a full-length UQ. . . .

I'm a little new to hanging and using a Yeti myself but I slept outside a couple of nights ago in 30F weather with a 3-season yeti and I had no insulation underneath my legs and I had a folded up 1/8 ccf pad under my feet. I did have to throw on my lightly insulated pants in the middle of the night because my legs were a little cold, but other than that I was pretty comfortable. I think most people with partial UQs use little to no insulation under their legs until it gets really cold outside.

Also, I have used the 1/8'' CCF pad under my legs before in the hammock. Sometimes I will change position where part of one leg may not be on the pad anymore but I quite honestly haven't noticed any warmth issues due to that.

I completely understand if you want to explore full length UQs or just stick with pads in general though. It is all personal preference and I still debate all of the above options in my head from time to time.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home. - Excerpt from Woodcraft by Nessmuk (George W. Sears)

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings DIY

Warbonnet returns?

As one who's been lurking about trying to pull the trigger on an UQ... You'd have no trouble posting it for sale.
    In fact, consider me your first interested party! :-)
    Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, & narrow-mindedness, & many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men & things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
    Mark Twain

Hammocking in SoCal

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

Warbonnett Returns???

So, is your YETI the 3 season model or the WINTER YETI?

I have been eyeballing the WY for the Frozen Butt Hang. Tey do not last long in the FS section of HF.

Good Luck whatever way it goes...

• + New Posts