90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle

Gresh's Baby Shower Hang - trip report!

Best baby shower ever! Woods, friends, fire, food, gifts...lots of laughter!

REV arrived first and I arrived at 11:06...yes, I CAN arrive early! We hung out at camp for awhile with Pat and eventually decided to get some lunch as no one else had arrived and we were hungry! When we returned, there was a new hammock in camp. It was a new friend...Big Jeff. He had in tow a trailer which was a kitchen on wheels! Awesome! I soon discovered that Big Jeff does Trail Magic for hikers with his kitchen...Doubly Awesome!!
    Later, Gresh, the guest of honor arrived! Now the party had officially begun! Thenumbersix, Squidbilly and Alex arrived and we decided to go get some supper at Texas Roadhouse. Soon after we returned to camp, a big white truck came whipping in like he owned the place...what mystery hanger would step out??? It was.....Cowboy...and Max! I think Cowboy is enjoying his surprise entrances! Since we were there to shower Gresh with gifts for baby Sequel, we could hold out no longer, so the ripping open of presents began! How many people can say they had a baby shower while in the woods, sitting around a campfire surrounded by friends??

Shutter had sent word he would make a late arrival....I see a pattern here. Finally, we saw headlights and were gifted with his appearance in all his onesie-wearing glory!

Friday night was COLD....BRRRR! We kept the fire going late and finally went to our hammocks for the night. I was cold...big surprise, I know. Most everyone else slept warmly.

Saturday dawned....yeah, had to say that. It was 34°! Coffee and bacon spam were the breakfast staples. Some made trips to town. I got some hot hands since my fingers felt like icicles Friday night and I didn't want a repeat! Upon returning, we had some more hangers and visitors stop by. Gladius and Taylor were there. Gladius played in the fire, of course. Later, Megan, mother of Sequel and wife of Gresh, came to visit. We all thanked her for making a new little hanger that we can camp with! I can't wait to be a camp aunt! Sequel needs to hurry up!!
    Big Jeff's wife, son and son's fiance came to check out camp and meet us. We hope they will hang with us next time!!
    The late afternoon was NAP TIME! Most everyone spent some quality time in their hammocks. Man, that was a good nap! I have decided that in the cold months, we should embrace vampire sleeping habits...hey, they hang from trees, too. We should sleep during the day when temps are warmer and stay up all night at the warm campfire.
    When I woke up from nappy time, Hot Rod had arrived...barefoot, of course. I think he had been doing some firewalking, although he denies this....his feet said otherwise. If I didn't stay so cold all the time, I'd join him more in his barefootedness at camp.

As evening approached, appetites began to grow as the anticipated trip to Little Pigs came near. Finally, it was time to go enjoy the awesomeness of the "Meat Sweats." BBQ, chicken, fish, macaroni, all manner of sides and the glorious Chocolate Delight were feasted upon until all were rightly stuffed! Ahh, that was yummy!
    Saturday night was a spirited time around the campfire and there may have been some serenading...sometimes, it's not so bad being the only girl.
    It got late, one by one, hangers made their way to waiting hammocks. Night temps were milder and I slept warmly all night!! Yes!
    Sunday morning arrived, more coffee and bacon spam cooked over the campfire in the Smiley Skillet broke the fast. Gear was packed, each lingering as long as possible before returning to the real world.
    Memories of the weekend will sustain us until we meet again....in the woods.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    First and foremost, thank you to Palmetto State Hangers for sponsoring the event and everybody who came out to make it as special as it was. I anticipate it being at least several months before I can sneak out into the woods again after Sequel (Gresh 2.0) gets here in just over two weeks so this sendoff was just EXACTLY what I needed.

I couldn't ask for more generous or outgoing friends.

When I got to camp around 6:00pm on Friday, Big Jeff, REV, and Junebugdawn were all cozy up around the campfire (the wood had been delivered earlier in the day) and into the best part of camping - doing nothing. Time passed as it is so often wont to do and my kit got set up and Squidbilly82 and his friend Alex showed up. This was met with much applause - not because Squidbilly82 was there...that guy isn't special...but it was time to go eat delicious steak at Texas Roadhouse.

Steak was consumed and back to camp we went. Day one of Gresh's Baby Shower Meatstravaganza hang was drawing to a close as we fed what was essentially a whole bloody tree (left behind by me and a friend after camping there two weekends prior) into the fire and waited for Shutter to arrive in his red plaid onesie of justice. A quick whiparound of a jug of apple cider put us in the mood for high spirits and bed, so it was away to the hammock for the night. Gifts had been given at different times of the day.

Day two started just like any other day, but in the woods. Waking up happened, breakfast and coffee happened, piddling about camp happened, naps happened, etc.
    A visit from Megan to have pictures taken by Shutter came around naptime, and Jeff's family (who I unfortunately did not get the opportunity to meet) stopped by for a bit as well. Gladius made himself known with Taylor, and all survived his visit. That night, the jug was passed around again until it made it's way to me, where I was made to drink the delicious apple-y libation. I do so enjoy apples. Eventually, I made my way back to Swamp Sling to digest.

I'd again like to thank everybody for coming out and offering me this last hoorah as it were. PSH has got to be the best organized group of campers out there, and that's because of the people. This weekend wasn't about the gifts (though they ARE appreciated and will be exceptionally useful in a few weeks) but about the time spent with the people I enjoy spending it with most in the place that I enjoy the most. I had a blast all weekend, and the memories are gonna carry me at least to Spring Swing if I can't make it out for Frozen Butt.

#YOLOBabyShowerSwagMeatSweatsHangPSH2013

Last edited by Gresh; 10-28-2013 at 00:20.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    The JuneBug
    Hey Gresh,

I just wanted to say congrats to the baby camper and sry IT_Mike and i couldn't make it. I had to work this weekend. But glad to hear ya'll had fun.......

Hammock
    hh safari
    Tarp
    hh hex 1.3
    Insulation
    jacks nest
    Suspension
    woopie slings
    Glad to finally meet all of you hope I can do it again real soon.

JEFF

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Hope you can too, man! You're just about cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG JEFF View Post
    Glad to finally meet all of you hope I can do it again real soon.

JEFF
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Eno DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Body fat
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hammock
    Eno DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Body fat
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Awesome pics, Shutter! Thanks!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Home Made
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10x10 Tan
    Insulation
    working on a UQ
    Suspension
    switch to whoopie
    Great Pics Brother Shutter!
    Last edited by mainewoods; 10-31-2013 at 15:07.

• + New Posts