Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY table cloth hammock
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut tarp

Retracting my Noah Lamport endorsement

I got my silnylon from Noah Lamport in the mail yesterday and they charged me for 32 yards, but only sent a little over 24 yards. I called today to ask them to send me the remainder via priority mail. First I was speaking with a guy named Fabian who was very helpful and apologetic and said they would send me an additional 10 yards right away. Then Roger Small got on the phone and said he wanted me to return the whole roll - I guess he didn't believe me that they had shorted me. I said I would if he would pay the return shipping charge. He said grudgingly that he would. Not thinking he would want to pay return shipping from me to him and then additional shipping back to me, I told him I would be fine with him just sending the remainder (like Fabian was prepared to do). He refused for an unknown reason.

I think this is my opportunity to ship it back, have them refund my purchase and then get the same thing from Oware for 1/3 the price!

Hammock
    11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    Cat's Meow & IX UQ
    Suspension
    12'Poly Tree Strap
    Wow that's a bummer about the Noah Lamports. I'll have to make sure I check closely if I order from them again.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Light Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down SB, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

No Sense

PDBrant, Sorry to hear about your issue with NL. Makes no sense to have you send it back unless he thinks you got the wrong order, wrong material, etc. Accidents happen, it how one responds to such accidents that I really care about.
    If a buyer did lie about being shorted (and I KNOW this isn't the case,) what good would it do to have them send it back? Couldn't they just cut off the remaining to prove their deception?

Again, can't make any sense over having you send it back and potentially losing a customer.

OWARE says he will ship my order tomorrow so I should have it by the weekend. I'll post some pictures and let you know how it looks.
    Last edited by JLeephoto; 01-14-2014 at 23:53. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by JLeephoto View Post
    PDBrant, Sorry to hear about your issue with NL. Makes no sense to have you send it back unless he thinks you got the wrong order, wrong material, etc. Accidents happen, it how one responds to such accidents that I really care about.
    If a buyer did lie about being shorted (and I KNOW this isn't the case,) what good would it do to have them send it back? Couldn't they just cut off the remaining to prove their deception?

Again, can't make any sense over having you send it back and potentially losing a customer.

OWARE says he will ship my order tomorrow so I should have it by the weekend. I'll post some pictures and let you know how it looks.
    More than just losing "a" customer. Makes me think twice about ordering from them if that is their response.

Hammock
    DIY table cloth hammock
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut tarp

I'm having a hard time getting in touch with Oware. I've left 2 messages at the 800 number and emailed the [email protected] address. Have others had this experience?

Hammock
    DIY table cloth hammock
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut tarp

Thanks, JLee. I agree it makes no sense.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down SB, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pdbrandt View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting in touch with Oware. I've left 2 messages at the 800 number and emailed the [email protected] address. Have others had this experience?
    I used the number listed here: http://blog.owareusa.com/2013/12/11/...c-2nd-quality/
    My order went smooth and I received the material already. Ordered Tuesday and received Friday. Haven't spread it out and checked it yet but will try to do so tomorrow and make some pics.

My order of brown silnylon arrived on Friday too. There are streaks on the first and last 18-24 inches. I'm impressed with the fabric and really like the color.
    The dark fabric shown in the picture is from Oware and the light is 1.1oz calendared nylon from DIYGearSupply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down SB, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Here's the promised pic of my Oware Sil Seconds in brown. Order came in just a few days.
    The streaks in mine are very evident on one side. I'm not sure how deep into the roll they go as I just unfolded what you see here. Not of a big concern for me since any sil will be used in outdoor operations and a $2.50 per yard, I can play a lot with new designs without feeling that it has to be perfect. I'm very satisfied, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by pdbrandt View Post
    Thanks, JLee. I agree it makes no sense.
    How did this ever work out?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast