Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    The Hennessy Expedition is also a great first hammock.

Here's a pretty good price on one: www.thehikingspot.com
    I talked with Scott awhile ago and he was having trouble getting some of the Hennessy stuff from the manufacturer. I would advise e-mailing him for availability before making an order. It just saves time on both ends. Scott is a stand up guy and scrupulously honest in my experience. He also answers his emails from my experience.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    HH Safari
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    ccf pad & thermare
    my first hammock is the hh safari deluxe i purchased it on ebay. got it a little cheaper than the website the guy was really cool there was a problem with availability i needed it right away this guy did every thing he could to make sure i had it when i needed it. i got it on Friday morning and left for my trip that afternoon. actually it came as i was packing the car. pm me if you want the guys name. but if you order from hh direct you can get the scout free if you spend like 100 bucks or so real easy to do. ha ha!!!!

P.S. i love this hammock its a little heavy with the hex tarp but i like the extra room and since i am like 275 lbs i went for the bigger hammock.
    Last edited by reggie151; 04-20-2009 at 09:17. Reason: 4got

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0
    Tarp
    Zpack's H. Tarp
    Insulation
    Summer Crowsnest
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    My first hammock is was the Byer Moskito Traveller Hammock, bottom of this page: http://www.byerofmaine.com/amazonas-traveller.htm. I paid $40 for it, it weighs a pound, and is very comfortable. I've since "graduated" to a Warbonnet, but still love the Byer because it packs small and is very lightweight. If I could get it in a double layer, I probably would never have upgraded. But, now that I have the BB, I'm very happy with it. If you decide that hammocking is for you, then the Warbonnet is next.
    "Every minute outside ... is a good minute!" -> Calvin & Hobbes, 8/1/1993

"Hanging in a better place now H.I.P Andy"
    Have a look at the DD Hammocks site. I got the DD travel hammock which has a bug net, a place for a pad and has a waterproof base you can use as a bivvi ! Really good value for the cash as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2112 View Post
    Have a look at the DD Hammocks site. I got the DD travel hammock which has a bug net, a place for a pad and has a waterproof base you can use as a bivvi ! Really good value for the cash as well.
    Yes, but for those of us in the USA there is an extra $50 in shipping. Turns the Travel Hammock into a $112 hammock! I have a DD and do like it, but unless there is a group buy they are a little expensive on this side of the pond.
    Trust nobody!

"Hanging in a better place now H.I.P Andy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Yes, but for those of us in the USA there is an extra $50 in shipping. Turns the Travel Hammock into a $112 hammock! I have a DD and do like it, but unless there is a group buy they are a little expensive on this side of the pond.

That's a lot of shipping costs for such a light package, did'nt realise how much extra the shipping puts on the cost. Funny though as my sister gets cd's from the US cheaper than the UK incl shipping, doesn't figure !!! lol

Hammock
    Hennessee Hammock, DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    8x10 sil nylon
    Suspension
    Tied cordage
    Images
    You guys are all missing the obvious inexpensive choice - make your own! You can make a Speer type hammock for less than $15 if you have access to a sewing machine. In my case, I got a friend of mine to sew one up for me in exchange for me showing her how to sew her own. Took all of about 30 minutes for her to do both of them, including the design, plan, and teaching. Go to WallyWorld, get some nylon cloth for $1 per yard, have someone put a 1/2 inch hem on all for sides, and tie the ends with 550 cord. Done!

For a full bug proof hammock, add in a ridgeline and sew no-see-um to one side of the hammock. Allow the no-see-um to drape over the ridgeline and over the non-sewn side of the hammock. Move it aside to get in, then let it fall back. This provides a 99% complete bug screen without even attaching it to the open side. I weigh the open side of the bug screen down with large washers sewn into the seams.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    I think that if I was looking for what you're describing, I'd go for this: http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.net/travel_h.htm
    I love my Claytor No Net, $45 including shipping when I got it. But I'm pretty sure the WB travel would be at least as nice, and I like that net they offer. And shipping would be much quicker, plus you'd be buying American.

Either would be a great way to go without dropping large $.

A skeeter beater travel hammock (comes with bug net and tree huggers) and a guide gear tarp. I have about $60 - $70 bucks in that.

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I love my Skeeter Beeter Pro, it is just so roomy.
    Chris

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast