Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    It can only get better from here. Once you find the right sag use a ridge line to help make the set-up consistent. Took me at least 10 nights to get used to hanging, now its the only way I can get a good nights rest.
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    It can only get better from here. Once you find the right sag use a ridge line to help make the set-up consistent. Took me at least 10 nights to get used to hanging, now its the only way I can get a good nights rest.
    The ridge line runs across the top of the hammock and is tied to the bungees?
    Someone please explain

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & TriGlides
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    The ridge line runs across the top of the hammock and is tied to the bungees?
    Someone please explain
    I believe he is talking about adding a 'structural ridgeline' that will keep the sag of the hammock consistent each time you set it up. Check out the following thread:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7731
    Todd K. Miller

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Biomed View Post
    I too spent my first night in my Clark recently (last weekend matter of fact), had a hard time setting it up as I couldn't find that perfect amount of sag. Going out again this weekend (promise that I'll take some pictures) for a second hang, hope to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
    Patrick-
    I'm glad you mentioned hanging it tighter...I thought about that actually and it makes sense. I will try that this weekend. Yes my 15* bag zipper was face up. I never got up to readjust. I did that this morning before I took it down. I set up my hammock first using a carabiner on each end and wrapped the rope so as to be able to allow for adjustment(good advice from a member here). I used an easier knot that might have been made up, I'm sure it's not a sarah original, but don't know the name. It held tight and was easy to untie. My dad helped me with that part He doesnt know the bowline knot either.

All of you, skip the bowline knot and order a set of Monster RopeTies from Hitchcraft. You can also get them at sailrite. The Monster ropeties are the perfect dimension for the Clark rope, and allow you to adjust incredibly easily. They also allow you to get a tighter hammock than with the bowline knot. I don't know about you, but trying to adjust a knot for sag on a loaded hammock bites, big time. I would switch to a truckers hitch if you don't use the bowline, at least for adjustment purposes.

Clark should offer the Monster Ropeties as an option, as they work so much better than the knot. Also, the bowline knot instructions should be sewn right on the the Clark tarp, in one of the corners.
    Last edited by fin; 04-18-2009 at 11:54.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    All of you, skip the bowline knot and order a set of Monster RopeTies from Hitchcraft.
    I second what Finn said. I actually ordered my Hitchcraft ropeties before I ordered my hammock They make adjusting everything super easy and you can do all the adjusting with one hand so you can hold your hammock in the other. Your hammock never has to touch the ground putting it up and taking it down which is a plus for bad weather.

Hammock
    Dual Layer 1.7 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Landau 3/16" pad
    Images
    Should have gotten a Blackbird. What? All you Blackbird owners were thinking it. Just kidding SarahGirl. Any hammock has to beat sleeping on the ground. Good luck with tweaking it out.

Hammock
    WBBB, Clark NA
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4 season
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20*,NoSniv
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopies
    All of you, skip the bowline knot and order a set of Monster RopeTies from Hitchcraft. You can also get them at sailrite. The Monster ropeties are the perfect dimension for the Clark rope, and allow you to adjust incredibly easily. They also allow you to get a tighter hammock than with the bowline knot. I don't know about you, but trying to adjust a knot for sag on a loaded hammock bites, big time. I would switch to a truckers hitch if you don't use the bowline, at least for adjustment purposes.

Clark should offer the Monster Ropeties as an option, as they work so much better than the knot. Also, the bowline knot instructions should be sewn right on the the Clark tarp, in one of the corners.
    Done! I ordered it based on your recommendation, FF, I'll figure out how to use it later...

I'm tired of pretending I can correctly tie knots! I have to do it several times to get it right. I don't think this is a weakness of the Clark - I just don't know knots!

gridge

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gridge View Post
    Done! I ordered it based on your recommendation, FF, I'll figure out how to use it later...

I'm tired of pretending I can correctly tie knots! I have to do it several times to get it right. I don't think this is a weakness of the Clark - I just don't know knots!

gridge
    Even if you know knots, nothing beats the ease of the hitchcraft for a Clark, IMO. Their rope is like it was made for the hitchcraft monster. I don't mind knot tying, but trying to get the correct tension on the Clark without these is a huge PITA for me.

If you have problems figuring it out, I will be glad to take pics and show you how I use it on the Clark. I could have sworn I posted those already somewhere.

I also use the hitchcraft minis on both my BlackBirds, and am just getting ready to order a couple more just to have them around. I think there is a package deal where you can get both, or at least there used to be. I can't speak highly enough of these, especially for the Clark. Ring buckles are nice too, and take up less space, but require you to change your setup some. These are just an addition to what you already have for a suspension, but gets rid of the knots.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Even if you know knots, nothing beats the ease of the hitchcraft for a Clark, IMO. Their rope is like it was made for the hitchcraft monster. I don't mind knot tying, but trying to get the correct tension on the Clark without these is a huge PITA for me.

If you have problems figuring it out, I will be glad to take pics and show you how I use it on the Clark. I could have sworn I posted those already somewhere.

I also use the hitchcraft minis on both my BlackBirds, and am just getting ready to order a couple more just to have them around. I think there is a package deal where you can get both, or at least there used to be. I can't speak highly enough of these, especially for the Clark. Ring buckles are nice too, and take up less space, but require you to change your setup some. These are just an addition to what you already have for a suspension, but gets rid of the knots.

FF- thanks for the heads up about those. I checked that website out the other day and looks like my kind of gadget

I will be ordering a set soon.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images

BB Bully

Quote Originally Posted by DeShazo View Post
    Should have gotten a Blackbird. What? All you Blackbird owners were thinking it. Just kidding SarahGirl. Any hammock has to beat sleeping on the ground. Good luck with tweaking it out.
    Hah!

I will have you know it's all part of my plan. I will be ordering from Brandon just as soon as my tax return comes in

Gonna use the BB next year for the last half of the AT.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast