Nano-7
    Tarp
    Cat cut tarp
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Images
    The other day I went to wash the dishes but could not find the detergent. I looked over by the bin and there was the empty red bottle, so I searched for a new bottle.
    There was not one in the cupboard by the sink, so I checked the pantry, I checked there three times but came up empty.
    I was not about to ring my wife and face the abuse so I had another look.
    I was about to go buy some more from the shop when I thought I'd check the cupboard again, and you know what? I found the detergent, in a yellow bottle not in a red bottle.

Was I glad I did not make that call
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
    Winnie the Pooh

My Photo Album
    My youtube videos

Proud member since May 2007

The British pronounce 'geyser' as 'geezer'. I was watching a Brit program on Yellowstone when the narrator said, "There are over eleven hundred geezers in Yellowstone Park." "Yup," I said, "And every May and September I'm one of 'em."

Welcome to the club...it beats the alternative.

As for evolution and channel surfing...there is no question that there is a link between the two. Why else did our hand and thumb evolve to so perfectly grasp the remote?

FB

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    When I do something like that my wife has so much fun with it. She claims disorganization, etc. In reality as males, evolution has triggered in us an ability to focus more succinctly on those things animate. Our hunter days cause us to clue in on movement, action and motion. Which may be why we channel surf.

When I look in the refrigerator, I wish to hell the ketchup had motorized wheels so I could find it. As it is, it remains right in front of my nose, and I cry out in anguish and despair, "Honey, where is the ketchup." To which the response is, "Right in front of your nose." If only ketchup and tin whistles could move.
    YEA! My wife nearly choked when I told her, she was laughing AT me so hard!

My theory is the whistles were lost at Mt rogers & they got bored & came home on their own, hiding in my pack after the journy.

Yea, that's it. Maybe they DO have wheels

BTW: drinking denatured alcohol is (Hopefully) a one time event. I'm sure loosing my whistles isn't.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    It was the TIME BUILDERS! They exist approx 15-20 minutes ahead of us and make mistakes like that often. Realizing their error they had to materialize the whistles while you where out of the room or when your back was turned.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ Pad
    Images
    I lost my iPod the other day. I spent four hours looking for it, even retracing my steps to Wal-Mart just in case I brought it in and set it down (not that it would have really still been there if I had done that). I emptied out my car, went through my camping room, looked through the house and even out in the yard. Nothing. My wife walked out to my car and with in 30 seconds was back inside with a grin. Sheepishly I followed and there it was, beside the driver's seat, which I had looked under and slide back and forth at least two, maybe three times. I can empathize with you Doctari. Glad you found 'em!
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    - Yoda

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have tools in my work truck that I always say "go on vacation". It amazes me when they just turn up in a place I've already checked. Now if only my house keys would come home. I miss them very much .

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    you guys have that "can't find it in front of your nose" thing, we women have something totally different..... you see we perposefully will put something away, in a safe keeping spot, and then when we need it, forget where that spot was!!! I have a brand new set of camping kershaw knives that I "put up" 10 years ago and still haven't found them!!! But I know they're in the house, somewhere safe!!!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 10'x11'
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    For years, I had this problem: I would put something very valuable in a safe place that I absolutely knew I would know where it was and could walk right to it when needed.

I had a number of these places around the house.

That is, I did until I could no longer find the safe places.

Then I got real smart and wrote down a list of my "new safe places". Of course, a few of the "new" safe places I learned were actually "old" safe places.

Now if only I could find that list.
    Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

Do not dig your grave with your teeth. (Unknown)

Hammock
    warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    sleeping bag, & TQ
    Suspension
    amsteel, treehuger
    Images
    did you find my headlamp? I have more than a couple deer calls and turkey calls. Lost my binoculars once but thank goodness i found them. went to hunt one time and forgot to take my climbing stand. I swear there is more air than brains in my head sometimes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    Well, I don't look for stuff very well.

Dumped my pack out 2 days after the Mt Rogers hang, then again 3 weeks later, then again last week. I took EVERYTHING out. I was looking for my 2 tin whistles. I COULD NOT FIND THEM. THEY WERE NOT IN MY PACK OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!

Today I decided it was time to re-pack for my next trip. Went into the back yard & (AGAIN) dumped out my pack, "Plop" went the tin whistles.
    I'm happy to have them back, but upset with me that I could not find them.

Honest, I took EVERYTHING out the other 3 times! They were not there!!

Oh well. Sadly: Not the first time, not the last time!
    Sounds like the Doctari I remember. I can picture her laughing, don't worry I would have too if you dumped it out hiking with me.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast