diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh

Finally, some gear testing.

Hello all.... SeaElf here.... today I was able to test some gear that I've been making or buying. I'm gonna make a hammock with some some stuff I recently purchased but today for the test I used an Eno doublenest. Last week I made woopie slings... a couple of days ago made tree straps. The tarp is a Hennessy Hex (hadn't been unfolded). So, I went out in the woods near the marina I work at. Found a great spot to do some testing. Got the tree straps out and put on the trees. I used a couple of sticks to toggle the MS hitch. I had to improvise on the hammock ends but attached the WS's to it and the toggles. Added a temporary ridgeline and did a load test. So far so good. Then I got the tarp out. Man that thing is huge. Got the ends set then staked out the corners. Then I got the shoes off and laid in the hammock. The eno dn is ok, but I don't like all the extra cloth folding and flapping around....the new hammock will take care of that issue. I laid on my jacket cuz it was a little nippy on my back and butt. Today would have been a good day to test the franken-SPE but I didn't bring it. OK, so now I know I'd like to make snakeskins for the tarp ...folding and rolling is not the best way to put the tarp away and keep it clean. I also need to make some stuff sacks to store the tarp stakes and tree straps etc. With my purchase mentioned above I have enough material to make the hammock and sacks etc. So, I'm pleased with todays test and am getting pumped to finally join the ranks of the folks here on hammock forums and do some hanging in the woods. A big thanks to the group for the great source of info here on the forums.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    Huggers & Whoopies
    Looks great! To each his own... I like the extra fabric of the ENO DN. I can wrap it around me if it's chilly, damp, or for bugs. I definitely need to get a tarp that size. That looks great.

Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    Thanks Ike...I shouldn't say I don't like it...... I really have nothing else to compare it too.... and I've haven't camped in it either..... so I may be surprised!

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    You might look at making a stuff sack or Bishop Bag for the tarp.
    Reason: The tarp gets put away damp a lot.The Sack/Bag makes it easy to pull out and put away the tarp to enable drying when an opportunity arises.
    Snake skins are great, I use them for my hammock, but I found that you need to tie/secure the tarp to something solid to get the snake skins on. So I use a stuff sack (with a little hole in the bottom for the suspension = a Bishop Bag) for my tarp.
    Snake skins will work, just look at this as an alternative method.
    PS. Mathews Va. is a real nice place. I almost moved there 15 years ago.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    DYI gathered end
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* FJ & zep
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch Bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seaelf View Post
    I went out in the woods near the marina I work at. Found a great spot to do some testing.
    I'd give anything to be able to sneak out of work for a bit to go play with some gear.

• + New Posts