Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    i've used ge silicone to attach small patches to sil just recently. didn't sew it, just the silicone caulk. seems like a pretty strong bond. don't thyink it would work for holding seams together permanently though, but seems plenty for a simple patch

My biggest reason for not wanting to sew is I have to use the brides sewing machine, it is a $3k model specifically designed for quilting that she would rather not let me use it. If I had a bigger home I would buy another machine but a family of three in 900sft it gets a little tight, and then for as often as I would sew I may as well buy a tarp

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boghog1 View Post
    My biggest reason for not wanting to sew is I have to use the brides sewing machine, it is a $3k model
    $3K eeeek!

ok, I see your point !! But surely that thing can sew straight lines!!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    My biggest reason for not wanting to sew is I have to use the brides sewing machine, it is a $3k model specifically designed for quilting that she would rather not let me use it. If I had a bigger home I would buy another machine but a family of three in 900sft it gets a little tight, and then for as often as I would sew I may as well buy a tarp
    Oh man you gotta use that machine. I might come over and use it. I say if you are going to pay $3K for a sewing machine then you should try to get the most out of it. Besides yu need quilts. You deserve quilts. You gotta stand up and take what is rightfully yours. She can use it on the weekdays and you get it every other weekend plus a full week during the holidays. I would love an industrial machine. I knew I should have married better.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    I used iron on tape to fasten netting to nylon. It was dwr though. (from walmart. "HeatnBond" brand. the iron on near lowest setting (not all the way to "synthetics" setting)

Without it, I could not sew the netting without big time bunching of the netting.

HTH
    Grinder

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Sewing sil will not hurt the machine..... You might, but that is another issue......... Also, I bet sewing sil with a 3K$ machine is about as much fun as sewing sil with a 1-300$ machine....You will just love it...

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I would love an industrial machine.
    Warbonnetguy was down at my place a month or so ago and helped me with a bobbin problem I was having. He sewed a few lines of stitching and turned to me with genuine look of confusion and said "Is that as fast as this thing is supposed to go?". I was immediately offended; I mean who says things like that about a man's Thread Injector?

Then I was up at the Warbonnet factory a couple of weeks ago and he was working on a tarp with his Juki. H.O.L.Y. C.R.U.D. that thing is lickety-split fast! I don't think I'd have a single non-perforated finger left after an hour. I now understand why he asked me what he asked and am no longer even remotely offended.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    While not 3k, my wife's machine was 2k though not for quilting. She does let me use it as we have a small house as well. Now though, I have to "preschedule" my time so there is not conflict. Guess who has first priority!! Oh well, least I can use it. Another reason I need a big old pole barn that is heated for a man shack! Canoes, engines, tools, power tools, hoist, kayaks, gear, pool table, refrigerator for bait, beer and such, and a thread injection area!! Makes me salivate. Oh, I forgot the blender for marguaritas!! Someday.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'll see if I can make a deal with her to let me use it. she wanted to trade her machine in for this one my first new car didn't cost as much as it. one of those ones that if you have to ask how much it cost you can't afford it.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I'll see if I can make a deal with her to let me use it. she wanted to trade her machine in for this one my first new car didn't cost as much as it. one of those ones that if you have to ask how much it cost you can't afford it.
    Dude, my wife's machine is a viking as well. I joke with her that it is the same company as my chain saw, I have a Husquevarna chain saw that I love. That long arm is a nice feature, and you could embroider purdy things all over your gear. I can see it now, moose on the tarp as you wake up in the morning, beaver on your stuff sacks, you could develop theme gear, wow, the possibilities.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast