BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boghog1 View Post
    I'll see if I can make a deal with her to let me use it. she wanted to trade her machine in for this one
    just got my eyes back into my head after checking out that "sewing" machine!!! Guys, you've got to warn me when posting links like that, I mean I've got a 20 year old sewing machine, I can't afford to be looking at "those kind of machines"

you should be able to make a whopper of a deal if she gets that thing!!! I mean, throw in things like, you need under quilts, over quilts, tarps, down jacket, down hood, your dog should bennifit (if you've not got a dog, get one now) with an embrodered backpack and your friends also need quilts (the list can be long with a machine like that one) Man, I'm still in ahhhhhh !!

Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Dutch
    I just had a thought on this. Searched for a while for something that would tape silnylon as well. Found out I was searching the wrong thing. I needed to be searching for silicon tape instead of silnylon tape. found some really good stuff too. Trying to find something that is double sided at the moment. I'm not sure I would trust the sample stuff got for a ridgeline, but it sure made sewing easier and I'm sure it would work for a hem, if I can find double sided stuff.

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images
    Silnylon is probably the lightest weight material you can sew other than some silks. I don't think you are endangering the machine with sil or ripstop by any means. If you get in to some webbing, it may be an issue, but if it does button holes and other fancy versions of bartacks, it should have the power to do about anything you'll encounter on a hammock or tarp.

BTW, I used my wife's embroidery machine to sew some 9.6oz sunbrella because it would hold a #18 needle and her regular sewing machine would not. Of course, I messed it up and had to get it repaired. The good news is after the repair and tuning, she says it sews better than it ever has (which means, I 'm a hero, or at least I keep telling myself that) AND I got to buy a sewing machine for myself for heavier weight material.

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images

Spinnaker tape??

Quote Originally Posted by JTCreative View Post
    I just had a thought on this. Searched for a while for something that would tape silnylon as well. Found out I was searching the wrong thing. I needed to be searching for silicon tape instead of silnylon tape. found some really good stuff too. Trying to find something that is double sided at the moment. I'm not sure I would trust the sample stuff got for a ridgeline, but it sure made sewing easier and I'm sure it would work for a hem, if I can find double sided stuff.
    Anyone tried this?

http://www.sailrite.com/Seamstick-1-...&category=7333

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123