Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    My wife has the Typhoon. She LOVES it. It was a very wet windy summer here. See had zero issue with water. While I stayed dry under my DIY tarp, I did have issues with the wind blowing it into me that she didn't experience.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

HH Typhoon Tarp

I've recently bought one. Only used it once so far. I bought it as an upgrade over a eno profly specifically for the blast doors. It kept me dry. My only complaint is they left one edge of one door Velcro free...not sure why.

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    I went with the HH Hex & it's now with 2QZQ to have door mods added on both ends. Opted for this because it provides some extra space when the weather turns bad. Plus the 12' RL fully covers my 11' BIAS WWM when I'm not using the HH Explorer. I'll be adding DIY pole mods when it comes home, for use when there is no heavy snow falling. Add a slightly modified Dakota fire pit to the mix & I'll be looking at some cozy, and roomy, 1st time winter hanging out in the 'back 40'!
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

HH Typhoon Tarp

Yeah I own a typhoon and I like it. I love having a tarp that is separate from the hammock as you can adjust the height as much as you like. It comes with plenty of tie-outs and the doors works fine. An issue I found was the tie-outs comes with these little pockets to stow away the cords...too small in my opinion. It functions well and I contacted HH to get a separate bag and snake skins as I found they came in handy, especially when deploying, packing up and in the rain. It's not the widest of tarps but it's keeps me dry and protects me from the wind. I'm not an 'exposed' hammocker, meaning means I like the protection of the woods so I try to minimise wind and heavy rain that would hinder my enjoyment, but doesn't work out all the time and the tarp functions well in the open areas.

It depends how you camp and your budget to whether to get this tarp or not. It's not the cheapest or it packs down to the smallest but for me I'm a sea kayak camper and it's not an issue. Do your research in what others use as well and feel confident that what ever tarp you decide, whether it's the Typhoon or any other one is the right one for you, and you can always change it later if it doesn't work for you. I'm a tick for a typhoon and happy with it to sum up.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"- Dr Suess

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12