Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly

Just got mine and slightly confused

I'm new to hanging (with the real deal anyway) and just opened my little box with the BB and superfly inside. Very excited to say the least.

But, there were no directions with it and I was just wondering where is the best place to get info on how to properly use this cool stuff? Brandon threw in a couple biners too. I just want to rig it right. Thanks for any help. Hope to try it in the backyard this weekend.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    That's weird. Mine came with printed instructions. Maybe Brandon ran out of paper?

Anyway, it's fairly simple - put a biner (climbing style, for load bearing) through each loop at the end of the straps. put a strap around a tree about head height, clip biner over the strap, adjust up pulling the loose strap end through the rings so the strap on each end is at about a 30 degree angle and hammock is centered between the trees. Tie a half hitch with loose strap end just over the rings to stop strap from sliding when you sit down. Stake out the cords on each side if you want. I have been staking them out then flipping the bugnet back over the ridgeline to use it as a chair. The ridgeline doesn't have to be taut when the hammock is empty but will tighten when you get in.

Sit in hammock to test, make adustments as necessary. Slide pad between layers OR hang underquilt. I suppose if it's looking like rain you set up the tarp, or set it up first if it is actually raining. Presto, there you are falling asleep in your hammock.

Images
    What Lori said, plus:
    You might want to put a stuff sack with a jacket or whatever under your knees or thigh/knee junction, or have a short pad in the foot end, or both- for max comfort. Have your head near the net/zipper side, laying on a slight diagonal with feet on the opposite side. Adjust tension so that the ridge line is not like a guitar string when you lay down, IOW not all that tight, but not hanging down real loose. You might want to put the foot end just a few inches higher than the head end, if you find yourself sliding down to the foot end.

Be careful with the fabric when you sit down so that you are NOT sitting WAY back with your butt on the shelf area- don't put your weight there, but smooth the fabric out under your legs and but when you sit down so that the zipper is about at your knee area and the shelf area behind your back if you lean back chair style.

Have fun!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-22-2009 at 08:28.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I haven't needed the stuff sack under the legs if my feet are all the way in the foot box. That ridge is easier to avoid in the BB.

Hammock
    Warbonet BB 1.1d, BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by April Fool View Post
    I'm new to hanging (with the real deal anyway) and just opened my little box with the BB and superfly inside. Very excited to say the least.

But, there were no directions with it and I was just wondering where is the best place to get info on how to properly use this cool stuff? Brandon threw in a couple biners too. I just want to rig it right. Thanks for any help. Hope to try it in the backyard this weekend.
    Great buy! Welcome to the BB world! I just recieved a second BB for my son and got the Superfly for myself. Brandon includes an instruction sheet, which may have not made it into your box.

Check out the vidio on the Warbonnet web site by Shug, it pretty much shows how it is set up. Others here pretty much covered it. The shock cords come in box together, so you need to seperate them and attach to each ring on the tie out line.

The Superfly comes with the cords needing to be attached as well. I found setting it up to be a breeze. Uses a lot of line for the tie outs. When I first set it up, we had some very high winds and it handled them very well.

Good luch and happy hanging!
    "It's like a giant net for catching lazy people"
    "You never see anyone crying in a hammock" -Jim Gaffigan on Hammocks
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to the BB Gang!

Follow the instructions above and you won't have any problems. Once you start setting it up, it will make sense to you and you won't need to think about the instructions. If the first set-up takes you 10 minutes, I would be surprised.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    If the first set-up takes you 10 minutes, I would be surprised.
    After settiing up camp within 2 minutes(after a bit of practice), you can rest in luxury while your fellow campers are still fumbling with tent polls.
    NorseAmerican

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Images
    The superfly comes with all the cordage you need? I thought I needed to buy cordage for it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Mine came with the shockcord and a few thousand feet (kidding, but there was a lot) of braided yellow line. Still, need something for your ridge tie-outs; unless that's changed.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Big MJ, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB quilts, Volara
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by east_stingray View Post
    The superfly comes with all the cordage you need? I thought I needed to buy cordage for it.
    It comes with shock cord for the doors. It does not come with line. I had ordered 100" of line when I ordered my SF.
    NorseAmerican

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast