Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly

Amazing! Phenomenal! Outstanding! 2q&zq

HF.net mods,

I know this probably belongs in the 2Q&ZQ subforum, and I apologize in advance for knowingly putting it in the General Hammock Talk subforum, but this is a public thanks and I want it to get lots of traffic.

Tim and Donna,

What can I say that hasn't already been said?
    AMAZING!
    PHENOMENAL!
    OUTSTANDING!

I received my HH Exped in the mail today and immediately set it up in my backyard. Unbelievable!

I opted for Mod#2 and it has totally changed my outlook on the Hennessy. What was once a "hey, that's a pretty neat design since you crawl in from the bottom" has turned into a "this is like getting several hammocks in one"!

I can leave the netting zipped up and crawl in from the bottom as originally designed, I can partially unzip and plop in from the top, I can unzip one entire side and flop the netting over for partial ventilation and can plop in from the top, or I can unzip both sides and tie back the netting to have a completely open hammock that allows for top entry (or bottom entry at any time since I opted to leave the bottom entry unmodified.)

Another wonderful feature is being able to zip or unzip at a moment's notice while I'm inside or outside the hammock.

If anyone is on the fence about getting a 2Q&ZQ modification...DO IT! The mod looks BETTER than factory. Unbelievable craftsmanship!

The 2Q&ZQ mods are worth a lot more than they are charging and the wait is worth it. Turn-around time was VERY fast!

Thank you Tim and Donna!

Hammock
    HH Expedition A-Sym (Zipper Mod)
    Tarp
    HH Poly. Hex
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    ring buckles
    Images
    If shipping and handling fee between our two countries wasn't so expensive, I would have gone that way too along time ago with 2Q and ZQ's mod.

I had been tempted to DIY the zipper mod on my expedition but didn't have the nerves. GOOD NEWS FOR ME, I received a free Expedition when I bought the SS for my old Expedition, and this new hammock is waiting for me at my dads house... sooooooooooo, Im gonna FINALLY apply the zipper mod my self on my amazingly still alive expedition asym. I hope I don't mess it up too much. If it turns out well enoguh, Ill add it to my new one too.

I guess since ill be using many of the pics posted here by satisfied 2Q customers, as well as the ones posted by 2Q, I should thank them as well for the great mod... THANKS.
    "This is what i love about backpacking... Just clean your stuff by licking it." - Shug

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite w/Zipper Mod
    Tarp
    HH Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Clips
    I agree wholeheartely! Amazing work! Add some straps and buckles for suspension instead of the standard HH suspension and you have yourself a fantastic hammock.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyehard View Post
    Add some straps and buckles for suspension instead of the standard HH suspension and you have yourself a fantastic hammock.
    I endorse that message!
    I use cinch buckles and webbing with my HH Exped.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    The mod is wonderful. People shouldn't hesitate, just get it!
    Exercise, eat right, die anyway -- Country Roads bumper sticker
    Fall seven times, standup eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler, hh ULBP mod2 2qzq
    Tarp
    mamba SF mccat
    Insulation
    jrb, yeti
    Suspension
    dutch clips, whoop
    Images
    Got my ULBP back from 2q and ZQ today. Great work as expected and courteous service. Mod 2 is what I opted for, its nice not having to look through netting. I can sit and cook now, simply fantastic!

Hammock
    HH Expedition w/Hex Tarp, Mod 3
    Insulation
    Potomac KAQ, MSS
    Suspension
    Stock

Speed of light

I just got my Mod 3 form 2QZQ today (Monday). I wasn't expecting it since it was shipped out on Saturday from Pa. (I think that's where they are) to Houston. Now, I'm not sure what the speed of light is, but 2Q and ZQ are real close, at least IMHO! I now understand why they are so popular. Thanks, Tim for the great communication, FAAAAST shipping, and a quality product!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Poet View Post
    I just got my Mod 3 form 2QZQ today (Monday). I wasn't expecting it since it was shipped out on Saturday from Pa. (I think that's where they are) to Houston. Now, I'm not sure what the speed of light is, but 2Q and ZQ are real close, at least IMHO! I now understand why they are so popular. Thanks, Tim for the great communication, FAAAAST shipping, and a quality product!
    HOUSTON!

A new hanger! lets get together.

• + New Posts