Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    I had that same starry eyed moment meself! I may or may not have cuddled with the tarp a few nights after I first got it...

Hammock
    wwbb 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    wb adj.webbing
    Now you've got me lusting after one! I just bought the big Mambajamba form WB..its light, but that CF one sounds just too cool!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Dyneema
    Insulation
    Renagade/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Moel Siabod View Post
    The HG 4 door cuben seems to come up for sale fairly often on HF. Anyone know why owners choose to pass them on?
    Ewker and Hamhocker had them, but sold them, so I asked the same thing during the Fall MAHHA. They wanted something that was slightly bigger, and easier to care for/pack. They also said CF can be extremely bright during full moons and in the morning.

I absolutely love mine, but can understand where they're coming from.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl WBXLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Looking at my winter palace, all wadded up in it's stuff sack. Kinda looks like a painters poly drop clothe. Anyone breaks into my house, it'd be the last thing they'd steal. Little would they know it's worth its weight in gold.
    Give a man enough ripstop and he'll hang himself.

Images
    [QUOTE=Chriss;1137434]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    I think that is a great idea Chris. Don't know about sharing the tarp though. I can make some more pork than beans that I learned from Bacon at the LA hang a couple weeks back. It is some fine eatin'. That should make up for the lack of love with the tarp.

Sounds like a plan!! Lets keep in touch and start trying to plan it. I will let the lack of love on the tarp slide I guess! If we plan it right my crawfish orders may be coming in by then and we can boil a sack.
    Pinch the tails and suck the heads! WHooooo Buuuddddy!! The boy will not know what to do with a mudbug. Should be fun to watch. I'll be in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    Congrats, brother!
    Thanks half.

Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    I'm having a hard time not coveting my neighbor's house.
    Pat, I would consider allowing you to use it....shame we're not closer in geography...or math, chemestry or gym class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Oh yeah……..lighter than a butterfly's wing.
    Cuben fiber Tarp.
    Whooooo Buddy.
    Shug

Thanks for the video Shugster. Wanted to see how the side pull outs were done again. I had it in my minds eye but wasn't 100%. As always, helpful and entertaining.

I'm in Awe....

DaddyDaddy,
    I know exactly what you're feeling. Left brain understands 10oz is one third of 30oz / 1 lb is less than 2 lb.
    But right brain just doesn't get it until you hold it in you hand.

Same thing happened to me this week. I just took delivery of a ZPacks Arc Blast backpack. 52 Liter volume / weight=17 oz. I just lost nearly 5 lbs off my shoulders with the pack alone. It's so light you have to hold it down to pull something out of it. It's insane. Feels like the weight of an empty grocery bag.

Congrats. I've had my eye on that tarp for a while. I'd love to see some pics.

Images

UPDATE ON CUBEN: Still in Awe

So I finally got a chance to set up my HG cuben fiber tarp over the holiday. I waited to be certain of how I wanted to set up the tieouts and needed to resupply on zingit, dutch hooks and flyzs before it got done. The holiday season was in full swing so all this had to wait until Santa (and Spaceweasel) finished their runs so I knew what I was working with.

I took New Year's Eve day to set the lines on my new HG Standard Cuben Fiber Tarp. I went back with my CRL with the dutch hook and tarp flyz but this time I went with DIY continuous loops of zingit and niteize line for the tieouts.

This time I went with a 30' CRL of zingit. The HH Hex had a 25' CRL of zingit but some of the places I frequent caused me to have to add line to make the spans. I figured the extra footage was a no brainer.

Here you'll see the 4" DIY CL (continuous loop) of zingit larksheaded to the tarp D ring for the CRL with the spliced Dutch hook to attach to:

Here is the 4" CL with the tarp flyz already on it larksheaded to the other end:

I went with a 6" CL prusiked onto a 6' length of niteize line then larksheaded to the D ring at the corner tieouts. This allowed me to adjust at the corner rather than the ground, adjust from inside the tarp in wet weather and keep my lines up and a bit cleaner than laying on the ground in my previous set up. I'm loving how pretty the prusiks turned out with the zingit. Also, that if I want to change to another set up later, I can just undo the larkshead and everything comes away nice, neat and together. Very continental.

Here is the tarp deployed in all her glory in the backyard. Went with a 4" CL and 3' line for the doors. Did an overnight hang there New Year's Eve to welcome the new year in the most appropriate manner I could think of. You can just see the HH/UQ/TQ set up through the gossemer goodness of the HG cuben fiber.

Final numbers:

HH HEX Tarp in stuff sack with tieouts 24.70 ozs.
    HG Standard Cuben Fiber Tarp no lines 6.06 ozs.
    HG Tarp with lines all in 7.17 ozs.
    That's a reduction of over a pound just in the tarp set up alone and I could not be happier with the function of it all. As good or better than what I had with my Hex every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Much thanks to FrActOwl for selling me the tarp, to Adam and Jenn at HG for making such an amazing product and to Dutch for supplying me with all the bling goodies to make the set up sing. To say I love it would be a gross understatement.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I ordered the exact same thing a week ago and it'll hopefully get here in a week or so. I was excited/anticipating the order quite a bit before reading your post, now i can hardly put off emailing Adam every 5 minutes for updates (which i obviously won't do)!!!

If the quality of this thing is half what my under quilt of his is, it'll be the best tarp I've ever owned.

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Thanks for the post and photos

Hammock
    WBBB,WILDERNESS LOGICS,N-OWL
    Tarp
    WB-SUPER FLY,HG-CF
    Insulation
    HG-INCUBATOR, BURR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS
    i ordered one from adam a few months back, love this tarp! first night it rained & very windy, held up no problem

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I ordered the exact same thing a week ago and it'll hopefully get here in a week or so. I was excited/anticipating the order quite a bit before reading your post, now i can hardly put off emailing Adam every 5 minutes for updates (which i obviously won't do)!!!

If the quality of this thing is half what my under quilt of his is, it'll be the best tarp I've ever owned.

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Thanks for the post and photos
    I have an HG Incubator also and I wonder how I ever went without it. You'll be well pleased I'm sure.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast