Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    MYOG w/ warbonnet-whipping
    Tarp
    MYOG hex
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Images
    haha, no, she hasn't yet. she thinks that she will be borrowing one of my packs (i obv know that mine are WAY too small capacity wise and WAY too big suspension wise) i'm wanting to suprise her, but maybe i'll get her measurements... saying of course that i'm taking the meauremetns so i can "adjust my own pack to fit her"
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends! Like an old man... trying to send back soup at a deli!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Images
    Just FYI, the Contour that I posted about has an adjustable suspension with a lot of slots on it. I'm not sure what the bottom of the range is, and I'm having trouble finding it at the moment because they changed the pack a bit and renamed it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MYOG hex
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Images
    hey, just found this... http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___43114

anyone have any experiance with it? positive/negative reviews?
    Last edited by cwayman1; 04-30-2009 at 10:32. Reason: forgot to put in the link :)
    "The sea was angry that day, my friends! Like an old man... trying to send back soup at a deli!"

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    load up your pack with her gear and then YOU lift it and settle it on her shoulders. Be ready to grab her though!!! Next let her try lifting the pack onto her shoulders. Even if your pack (I really don't see how your pack would be able to fit her) sort of fits her, I just can't see her walking around for long with it on. Now suggest going to a backpacking store, one with an employee that knows how to "fit" you in a backpack. They need to measure her back for this, not simply look at her and say, oh you need a small or med size!!! The belts also come in different lengths (on some of the higher end packs) and make sure they "load up" the packs. My GG vapor ki can hold up to about 30 lbs but go over that weight, and the pack becomes my worst nightmare while hiking. I've also got a MountainSmith same cu size but holds more weight!! I still don't see how she's gonna carry a pack as big as what you're talking about though !! If you can buy online, check out Sierra Trading Post or Campmor (make sure she's been measured first for pack size)

Hammock
    War Bonnet Black Bird Baby
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Underquilt
    I'm 5'4", and I love my Golite Quest...size small is just under 4000. Sunny Sports has one for $100. It's very comfortable, easy to adjust and one of the great features is that it's equipped to be cinched down to use as a daypack (I've done it several times and found it very usefull). It's also very water resistant! The Odyssey is a very similar pack with more storage capacity, and I saw one one steepandcheap for under $100 the other day - they might reappear, or Backcountry might have some for nearly that price. I think they come in around 4700cu in.

Tell your girl to enjoy her dendrochronology trip!

My wife has an older Lowe Nanda Devi women's pack she no longer uses, she might be willing to part with it.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have a Gregory Diva 60. It is a little heavy on the scales 5lbs. But I have tried a Vapr Ki and Osprey with approx 30 lbs in it and they seem to sit on my shoulds and causes strain. I keep looking for a lighter pack and keep coming back to the Gregory. The shoulder suspension and the canter lever hip belt is very comfortable. But I am considering trying the ULA Circuit and would love feed back and comments on it. If I can find another Pack I may be interested in selling the Gregory.

What I carry now:

Pack weight including the Gregory runs around 30lbs.
    Pack
    Montbell #3 Sleeping Bag
    Double Rainbow Tent (Replacing with Clark NA as soon as it gets here. Ordered last week)
    Tyvek Ground Cloth
    Exped Pad (will be replacing.
    Change of Cloths
    Light jacket (usually fleece)
    Food and Water
    Stove/Fuel/Solo
    A few personal items
    Camp Shoes
    Leki Hiking Poles

Hammock
    Tarp
    MYOG hex
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Images
    hey, wrae lo, just ordered the Quest from sunnysports! I am super stoked, and thank you for the recommendation! I also ordered an Ion for myself but she's gonna be able to take that with her as well for tree core collecting =) thanks again to everyone here for all the help!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12