DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies

Epiphany or Stupid Idea? Pillow Question

For all you pillow users out there in hammock land, I believe that most pillow users keep there pillow hanging in the right spot by using a little shock from the pillow up to the gathered end of the hammock or over the ridgeline. Now I currently do not have a hammock pillow so don't hold this idea against me...Has anybody ever tried to velcro their pillow to their hammock? I mean if you know where you want it that would hold it in place. Of course if your not using your pillow you would have a lovely piece of velcro stuck to your hammock to snuggle with. Honestly I don't think this is to great of an idea but thought it might be fun to here all of your replies on this one.

I am planning on ordering a pillow from somewhere during the black Friday sale.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    As the guy that came up with the pillow on a shock cord idea I really see it as handy to be able to move the pillow out of the way sometimes. I toss and turn a little and want to be able to move the pillow wherever I need it. Sure there is a sweet spot in most hammocks but it's not neccisary exsactly a pin point spot. I also switch from my pillow flat when I'm on my back to on edge when I'm on my side for extra neck support.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Wow, congrats on a great idea with the shock cord and thanks for the reply. I agree with all your points. The thought of velcroing (not sure on the spelling of that one) to your hammock just sounded hilarious and I wondered if anybody had tried it.

On a more serious note I do need to decide between down and synthetic. I know I don't won't something to big. I have usually just used my down jacket in the past.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    I use the WM inflatable travel pillow inflated about half way. When climbing into the hammock it is slipped over my left shoulder. When on my back and I don't need much of a pillow the end of one leg is under my neck. If rolling on to my left side and needing more to support my head the bulkier center is just there. Don't have to go chasing it down. Still don't roll to the right side so haven't had to deal with that situation yet.

Use the same pillow every night also.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I use an inflateable pillow, lightly inflated. It doesn't move around because it hugs and forms around my head and shoulders.

I don't like the idea of sewing something to the body of the hammock due to possible weak points added to a crucial weight bearing area of the hammock so near your shoulders. A stick on velcro pad my not hold too long and your back to just a pillow.

Good luck on your experiments.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Good luck on your experiments.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm not experimenting. That's why I'm posting up the idea. I want ya'll to do the experimenting and get back with me on how it works.

I actually do have an Exped inflatable pillow I used for inflating my Exped Symat UL 7 back in my ground pounding days. I don't think I've tried it but if I remember correctly I think I thought it was too big. I think I thought I think I thought

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    I'd hate to rub my face across the velcro after the pillow has slipped off. Probably worse than good old razor burn.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Hey I'm not experimenting. That's why I'm posting up the idea. I want ya'll to do the experimenting and get back with me on how it works.
    That's half the fun of hammocking. The other half is watching the ground dwellers holding their backs in the morning.

I actually do have an Exped inflatable pillow I used for inflating my Exped Symat UL 7 back in my ground pounding days. I don't think I've tried it...
    Just slightly inflate it and add more air as needed until you find what you like. The nice thing about using pillows is that if don't have a full UQ(underquilt), it will keep your head warm.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    diy double layer
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=81021. I made a pillow hat this fall. It has worked great. Going to add a layer of climashield around the hat part to get it to colder temps. Works great and you don't lose your pillow.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by eviscerate3 View Post
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=81021. I made a pillow hat this fall. It has worked great. Going to add a layer of climashield around the hat part to get it to colder temps. Works great and you don't lose your pillow.
    I remember seeing your thread. I had forgot about that. I would be so ticked off at my sewing machine by the time I got half way through sewing a pillow hat that I would just give up. I think I'll just by a pillow. That's a sweet idea though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast