ENO DN at home, WB Traveler camping
    Tarp
    Silnylon 8X10
    Insulation
    Dry Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Re: Epiphany or Stupid Idea? Pillow Question

I use a U-Shaped travel pillow in my hammocks. They are great. For me I don't need had support in my hammocks. I need neck support. With these pillows around your neck, when you move, it moves WITH you, even when you turn on your side. No fumbling looking for a pillow.

Here is a link for more info on this style pillow. http://rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/produc...able-neck-rest
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John Muir

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    I also use an Exped, inflated between 1/3 & 1/2 capacity. I added the shock cord mod when I got it. Works quite well for me. Very light weight & packs down to less than half the size of a soda can w/ the stuff sack. I usually just deflate & leave it in the hammock when packing up, though. For the cold weather, I stuff it into an old fleece balaclava for sleep time.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    I can't find any dang pillows to look at. I know UGQ and Hammock Gear and some of these other guys make pillows or used to but I can't find them on their websites. Wilderness Logics has one but it is kind of big 10"x16". Can ya'll point me in right direction? My brother bought one from Lukes Ultralight but I would like to buy from somebody here on the forum.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    I remember seeing your thread. I had forgot about that. I would be so ticked off at my sewing machine by the time I got half way through sewing a pillow hat that I would just give up. I think I'll just by a pillow. That's a sweet idea though.
    Donna here....pillow case hat... http://2qzqhammockhanger.com/page22.html if interested...scroll down to bottom left.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I can't find any dang pillows to look at. I know UGQ and Hammock Gear and some of these other guys make pillows or used to but I can't find them on their websites. Wilderness Logics has one but it is kind of big 10"x16". Can ya'll point me in right direction? My brother bought one from Lukes Ultralight but I would like to buy from somebody here on the forum.
    Here you go. One of the originals. I have one of the snoring cubs in M90 (i think that is what it is) Pretty sharp pillow. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/a...originals.html

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Donna here....pillow case hat... http://2qzqhammockhanger.com/page22.html if interested...scroll down to bottom left.
    Hey Donna, thanks for the link. I don't think the pillowcase hat is exactly what I'm looking for but now that I'm on your site I see several other things that I would like to have.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    Here you go. One of the originals. I have one of the snoring cubs in M90 (i think that is what it is) Pretty sharp pillow. http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/a...originals.html
    O.k., This is Paul's pillow. He was the first responder in this thread. For some reason I got myself confused and was thinking he was from UGQ and then I couldn't find the pillow on their site duuhhh! Yeah this is more of what I'm looking for. How do you like the climashield insulation in the pillow. I know most of the down pillows smush down pretty flat but I'm thinking I'm going to want something pretty smushy.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Olddog and I have Walmart travel pillows.

Mine comes in a combo: inflateable bladder inside a fleece cover; and a fleece blanket.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    O.k., This is Paul's pillow. He was the first responder in this thread. For some reason I got myself confused and was thinking he was from UGQ and then I couldn't find the pillow on their site duuhhh! Yeah this is more of what I'm looking for. How do you like the climashield insulation in the pillow. I know most of the down pillows smush down pretty flat but I'm thinking I'm going to want something pretty smushy.
    I have the smaller of the two he offers. In a hammock, it is really more of a neck pillow size. It is soft and supports the gap behind my neck. Not much of my head actually rests on the pillow. I am sure a similar sized down pillow would probably smash down smaller for packing, but I am not sure if it would smash down too far to be helpful under the neck. It is super soft. Just to mix things up, last try I wadded up my Montbell thermawrap jacked under my neck. I actually think it worked pretty well. I used to think I could never go without a pillow, but the jacket felt pretty good. I have several things from Paul at Arrowhead, and everything has been top quality. I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12