Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Fun video Blaze. I've done exactly what you've done with the vest or down sleeves under the upper part of the legs. I found i was getting too cold when doing pee breaks in the winter so now i just don't get out of the hammock. I have about a 500ml yogurt container sitting on the ground beside the hammock and i've dug a small hole in the dirt or snow. I bring the container in the hammock, turn on my side, when i'm done i pour it in the hole i dug and then place the container back on the ground. I mark one side of the rim of the container so i'm always grabbing the same side with my thumb. It is soo worth it to not have to get out into the cold.
    Really like your diamond fly. For some reason i've always liked camo diamond fly's but don't own one. Th skin tight leather pants made me chuckle. Keep having fun Blaze.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    incubator/burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Images
    Blaze, your enthusiasm is great!! Your set up looks great. The sock is a great addition to add warmth. The one thing I found out with it is to make sure you start to zipper it up before you get in. This past weekend I forgot to do that at my foot end and after getting all settled in, I realized I couldn't reach the zipper pull and because the zipper runs on a curve, you need two hands to start closing the zipper. I couldn't reach down far enough to get the zipper and couldn't get enough leverage on it to start pulling it closed around the curve.

Blaze,I really enjoy watching your videos,like all your gear,glad it works for you.I agree it sucks having to get up and go in the cold,but it 's worse trying to hold out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 CAMO
    Tarp
    Superfly CAMO
    Insulation
    YETI CAMO
    Blaze, I always enjoy your videos! At first thought, who are you and what have you done with Blaze, the shave looks good on you! Haha! Nice to check out your gear. What a peaceful hang next to the little creek, I love the sound of the water! I could hear it in the background!!

Best always! - Heisenberg

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    You totally threw me off when I noticed you shaved off your beard. haha
    That's great that the sock worked so well and your enthusiasm and laughter was contagious while watching your video.
    You're going to need a 2nd house just for you gear.
    Really fun video Blaze and I'm looking forward to your next one as always.

Fronkey

Yeah, and now I would love to have the beard back seeing that winter is fast approaching. As for a sock there is some drawback to them (trapping moisture), but used in the right setting they are a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great vid Blaze! I share your enthusiasm for great gear, has made camping and hiking fun again when one can get a good nights sleep! Great gear lab I'd say, love small cabins! I have the same problem with getting out of the hammock at night, the WB sock seems to hold the heat in much better, good idea of putting on the vest and tucking under the legs. Much enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Oh, us men at night, when youth has left. Though in a hammock I usually only have to get up twice during the night, whereas in a bed 6 times is not unusual. Glad you liked the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Moel Siabod View Post
    I love that feeling when you know that your gear is just SO right. Your set up looks really cool.

It is the winter that is the real challenge to your gear and for me it is where the most fun is to be had, mainly because everybody else is indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    I want to get a sock now. Like the idea with the down vest. Wish I had mine last weekend went I got up at 3am. Burr

Keep in mind Steelwolf that on some nights a sock will trap some moisture, even more than you will like.

Quote Originally Posted by rcam1977 View Post
    For some reason your video is not opening when I click on it

Try this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tbhan55/videos

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi Blaze,
    On my last cold hang I had to get up 4 times to water the trees. Sucks getting old.

I was wondering if full time outdoor hammock hangers like yourself have that issue or if one gets use to the hammock and the pee breaks decrease?

Great to see you back on Youtube I really enjoy seeing what you are up to.

OutandBack, I can confirm your suspicion. In a bed I have to get up some thing like 6 times but in my hammock it gets down to about twice during the night. And by the way I am not a full time hammocker, though I slept all of last winter in one. And great to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Great tip! Great video! Thanks for posting.

You are welcome nothermark. Always a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Most excellent laboratory pal! Love the enthusiasm!

Yes it is nice having all the gear in one place, and in this case the gear box comes with a fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Looks like a perfect spot with the babbling brook and all - I enjoyed the video. Thank-you.

The brook is what it is all about, slowly guiding me into sleep.

Best of wishes,
    Blaze

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Fun video Blaze. I've done exactly what you've done with the vest or down sleeves under the upper part of the legs. I found i was getting too cold when doing pee breaks in the winter so now i just don't get out of the hammock. I have about a 500ml yogurt container sitting on the ground beside the hammock and i've dug a small hole in the dirt or snow. I bring the container in the hammock, turn on my side, when i'm done i pour it in the hole i dug and then place the container back on the ground. I mark one side of the rim of the container so i'm always grabbing the same side with my thumb. It is soo worth it to not have to get out into the cold.
    Really like your diamond fly. For some reason i've always liked camo diamond fly's but don't own one. Th skin tight leather pants made me chuckle. Keep having fun Blaze.

bill

Yes Bill, that diamond fly is what I always use when hanging at home, and it is a lovely tarp, though to heavy to bring with on a hike. As for the pee bottle, temperatures are still to high for that, in fact I used that trick last winter with great success.

Quote Originally Posted by HangingKayaker View Post
    Blaze, your enthusiasm is great!! Your set up looks great. The sock is a great addition to add warmth. The one thing I found out with it is to make sure you start to zipper it up before you get in. This past weekend I forgot to do that at my foot end and after getting all settled in, I realized I couldn't reach the zipper pull and because the zipper runs on a curve, you need two hands to start closing the zipper. I couldn't reach down far enough to get the zipper and couldn't get enough leverage on it to start pulling it closed around the curve.

Yeah, one learns by mistakes the hard way. Has happened to me too, so as you point out the zippers should be pulled a bit before entering the hammock. And I agree, the sock is a great, great supplement to the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by HuffNPuff View Post
    Blaze,I really enjoy watching your videos,like all your gear,glad it works for you.I agree it sucks having to get up and go in the cold,but it 's worse trying to hold out.

Haha. Yes, amongst two evils the latter is the worst for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Blaze, I always enjoy your videos! At first thought, who are you and what have you done with Blaze, the shave looks good on you! Haha! Nice to check out your gear. What a peaceful hang next to the little creek, I love the sound of the water! I could hear it in the background!!

Best always! - Heisenberg

It was a mistake so close to winter, but unfortunately the misdeed has been done. Well life moves on.

Best of wishes,
    Blaze

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12