Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sherrie
    My husband and I just finished the AHT this weekend (8/1/14-8/3/14). Same problems you mentioned still exist. Absolutely NO, I repeat, NO WATER!!! There seemed to be plenty of trail markers if you were traveling clockwise though, so maybe they added some. I saw several sections where, if you were hiking counterclockwise, you would have no idea which way to go at a fork in the road. Since it was the end of summer the trail was beaten down and easier to see, except for the numerous six foot tall sections of thorny plants of multiple varieties! It looks like no one ever addresses a blow down! I just came off a solo through hike of Tecumseh/Knobstone a couple of weeks ago. If it weren't for the interesting shelters and dry creek beds this trail is almost a total loser! Indian Creek Shelter did have a nice cliff overlook and a cave though. We could see but glimpse of the Ohio River because of the growth. There is an old iron bridge you could climb around on but we skipped that section because we were too thirsty (and over it!). In addition to stashing a gallon in four places we stopped at the horseman's camp to use their faucet. Love to backpack. Would not choose this trail again. =( . (P.S. I use the same hammock in the summer. Love it!)
    Last edited by Sherrie; 08-04-2014 at 07:18.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12