Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles

Hammock stuff sack

I have done searches and cannot find anything specific about how to make a hammock stuff sack. I really want to get this complete before I leave on a canoe trip a week from today. Can anyone reference this for me?

Thanks so much!!
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Not much to know there. I've made my bishop bags by seeing what stuff sacks I have that my hammock will fit in, then just measure the existing, cut and sew. Really easy. Are you trying to stuff your Claytor?
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Not much to know there. I've made my bishop bags by seeing what stuff sacks I have that my hammock will fit in, then just measure the existing, cut and sew. Really easy. Are you trying to stuff your Claytor?
    I just open a little bit of the seam in the stuff sack's bottom, feed the foot end hammock rope through the new hole, and reinforce around the hole with a few finger stitches.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I burned a hole, the size of my hammock suspension line, in the bottom of a waterproof stuff sack using a heated phillips screw driver. I should probably reinforce it some day...
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Thanks guys, those are all great ideas, and yup, gonna stuff the claytor.

I made some reptilian body covers for my tarps which I am very pleased with using netting I got at Joann's for $2 a yard with a pocket for the ridgelines. Now I want to complete the feat with the stuff sacks so it is an easy quick and up. Not to be obnoxious, but when I can set up so quick and easy, I love to watch the ground dwellers kinda scratch their heads thinking "hmmmm...... maybe......."
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

Hammock
    left dbl layer 1.1 BlackBird
    Tarp
    Adventuring Tarp
    Insulation
    KaroStep 3/4
    Suspension
    Whoopies & biners
    Images
    Ramblinrev made this a while back. it may help http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...d+bottom+stuff
    www.terrarosagear.com

Australian made tarps and custom gear.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB HR and NS
    Images
    I did pretty much the same things as MacEntyre. I used the largest of the walmart three pack of cheap stuff sacks.
    Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
    The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
    I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole

Hammock
    "Binford 3600" DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon 10x10
    Insulation
    CCF & Mylar pad
    I just made a simple draw-string bag out of leftover Silnylon and sewed one side of the top of it to the lip of the hammock at about where my shoulder would be were I lying in the hammock. So when the hammock is set up, I can use the bag to hold my light, watch, phone, etc.

When I take it down, I start stuffing the head end and put the foot end in last. So when I set up, I just open the cinch cord on the bag and pull out the foot end, hook it up to the tree strap, then feed out the hammock to until I get to the head end tie-out.

Works great, the Silnylon gives me an extra layer of water resistance and the bag works as a nightstand too!
    -- Tim Taylor

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Binford View Post
    I just made a simple draw-string bag out of leftover Silnylon and sewed one side of the top of it to the lip of the hammock at about where my shoulder would be were I lying in the hammock. So when the hammock is set up, I can use the bag to hold my light, watch, phone, etc.

When I take it down, I start stuffing the head end and put the foot end in last. So when I set up, I just open the cinch cord on the bag and pull out the foot end, hook it up to the tree strap, then feed out the hammock to until I get to the head end tie-out.

Works great, the Silnylon gives me an extra layer of water resistance and the bag works as a nightstand too!
    Now that is a great idea.

What I ended up doing was making a stuff sack with a roll top with side lock buckles similar the design of many waterproof bags. I like that better than draw strings. Then my wonderful wife taught me how to use the button hole maker on our thread injector. So, I put a piece of 1" polypro webbing at the bottom of the bag and cut a 1" button hole in it and ran the strap out through that for the foot end with the biner attached. Hook the biner and strap to a tree, open the bag, pull out the head end and I am good to go. I do like the idea of using it at night. My internal pocket sometimes is annoying.

Tarps, reptilianskins, stuff sacks for hammocks, utensil pouch, summer underquilt, all complete, next project gear hammock and then on to that Claytor clone.

• + New Posts